There are more than 15,000 licensed drivers in Arizona aged 65 to 74, and more than 8,000 drivers age 75 and older, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. In 2017, the combined total of accidents with injuries for both of these groups was 7,627.
While some older drivers have excellent safety records, other elderly drivers are dangerous. If you were injured in an accident involving an elderly driver, please call Zanes Law for a free and confidential consultation. An injury lawyer for accidents involving elderly drivers in Phoenix, AZ, will help you pursue compensation if you qualify. Please call (833)-648-3699 for more information.
Recommendations From an Injury Lawyer for Accidents Involving Elderly Drivers
Zanes Law has helped many victims of motor vehicle accidents, including those where the defendant is over the age of 65. Consider the following recommendations:
- If you have not seen a doctor or other healthcare provider, please do so. You may have injuries without symptoms that only a medical professional can diagnosis. The sooner you can see a doctor after your accident, the better we will be able to establish that the accident caused your injuries.
- After you have received medical care, follow your healthcare provider’s treatment plan.
- Write down (or record) a detailed account of the accident.
- Take a photo (if you have not done so already) of your damaged vehicle and your injuries.
- Do not speak to the defendant or the defendant’s insurance adjuster without first consulting a lawyer.
- Do not post photos or comments about the accident on social media as this may jeopardize your case.
The most important recommendation is to call an injury lawyer for accidents involving elderly drivers in Phoenix, AZ, to protect and preserve your rights. Our lawyers will figure out who is liable for the accident and them accountable for your damages.
Our Firm Handles Many Kinds of Accidents
It is important to keep in mind that you have a right to legal representation. Most people do not have the experience or knowledge of Arizona statutes necessary to fully preserve and exert their legal rights. An injury lawyer for accidents involving elderly drivers in Phoenix, AZ, can help with these matters. If you are faced with medical bills and other expenses, you deserve to know your legal options.
Zanes Law is a full-service personal injury law firm that can help with elderly driver accidents involving:
- Hit and run
- Drunk driving accident injuries
- 18-wheeler and large trucks
- Rollover accidents
- Bicycles, mopeds, and scooters
- Multiple vehicle accidents
- Bus and motor coach
Our lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis. You do not owe attorney fees unless and until we recover the compensation you may be entitled to receive.
How an Injury Lawyer for Accidents Involving Elderly Drivers Pursues Compensation
There is often a misconception that an injury lawyer for the plaintiff pursues compensation directly from the defendant. An injury lawyer for accidents involving elderly drivers in Phoenix, AZ, will likely seek compensation from the defendant’s auto insurance coverage. Our lawyers will gather evidence and carefully negotiate to build a strong claim to send to the insurance adjuster. If we are unable to reach an acceptable settlement, we can help you file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of the accident.
Potentially Recoverable Damages
Every case is unique, but you may be able to recover compensation for accident-related damages such as:
- Ambulance, emergency room, and hospitalization
- Doctor’s appointments
- Follow-up care and treatment
- Other medical expenses such as prescriptions and medical equipment
- Vehicle repair
- Reimbursement for car rental or alternative transportation if your vehicle is undrivable
- Lost pay
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident involving an elderly driver, call Zanes Law (833)-648-3699 to request a free, confidential consultation.
We Combine Compassion With Convenience
Since 2003, our family-run law firm has helped many families in Phoenix to recover compensation. It is our commitment to help our clients by protecting their rights and pursuing compensation from the negligent party. An injury lawyer for accidents involving elderly drivers is your safe, confidential, and compassionate advocate.
Injury Lawyer for Accidents Involving Elderly Drivers Near Me
Your lawyer will be with you throughout your case. Your phone calls will be returned promptly. For your convenience, we have a secure client communication portal on our website. Zanes Law takes care of everything so you can rest and recuperate from your injuries.
We look forward to helping you. Please call (833)-648-3699 for a free and confidential consultation at your home or the hospital.