Pressure cooker malfunctions can wreak havoc on your home and result in life-threatening injuries. When manufacturers fail to safety test their pressure cooker and instant pot appliances, they need to be held liable for the injury and property damage caused.
If you’ve been harmed by a pressure cooker explosion, an attorney from Zanes Law can help you file a product liability claim. If your claim is successful, you’ll receive compensation to cover the cost of medical treatment and any other expenses you’ve incurred as a result of the explosion.
Compensation From a Pressure Cooker Explosion Case Can Cover Your Expenses
The amount of compensation you’ll be awarded from a pressure cooker explosion case depends on the damages you’re eligible to receive. In the legal realm, damages refer to payments for specific losses you’ve been saddled with as a result of your injury.
Here are some of the pressure cooker explosion damages you might qualify for:
- Medical bills. Injuries from an explosion can be expensive to treat. Depending on how close you were to the appliance when the explosion occurred, you could be dealing with burns, eye damage, and even embedded shrapnel. An attorney from our firm can request compensation for medical expenses, so you don’t have to pay out-of-pocket for your treatment.
- Mobility aids and prescription medication. Serious explosions can leave victims with long-term injuries that require mobility devices and pain medication. These damages can help you get the resources you need to manage your injury.
- Property damage. If the explosion damaged your home or destroyed your possessions, your attorney can secure compensation to cover the cost of repairs and replacements.
- Lost wages. If you need to stay home from work to recover from your injury, you might miss out on wages you need to support yourself. These damages can compensate for any income lost during your recovery period.
- Disability. Disabilities can make it hard for you to work and enjoy the activities you used to be able to participate in. If your pressure cooker explosion left you with a disability, you deserve to receive compensation.
A Pressure Cooker Explosion Lawyer Can Help You File for Non-Economic Damages
The above damages compensate for monetary losses, and are aptly named economic damages. They help victims cover their expenses and lost income, but sometimes, serious injuries affect us in ways that aren’t easily appraised.
If your injury has taken an emotional toll, or has led to undue suffering, you might qualify for the following non-economic damages, such as:
- Psychological impact. The trauma of an explosion can leave victims emotionally scarred for quite some time. Living with a long-term injury can also have a negative impact on mental health. If your pressure cooker injury has affected your emotional wellbeing, a lawyer from our firm can secure compensation for your condition.
- Pain and suffering. If it wasn’t for the pressure cooker manufacturer’s negligence, you wouldn’t be experiencing pain on a daily basis. They owe it to you to offer damages for pain and suffering.
- Diminished quality of life. Injuries can rob us of the things that make life worth living. If your quality of life has suffered due to your injury, a pressure cooker attorney from our firm can help you seek compensation.
If your spouse or loved one has passed away due to injuries sustained from a pressure cooker explosion, we understand the pain you must be feeling. An attorney from our firm will be more than happy to file a wrongful death claim on your behalf. They’ll request damages for lost income, mental anguish, and loss of consortium so that you can grieve comfortably.
How to Know If You Have a Legitimate Pressure Cooker Explosion Case
If your pressure cooker explosion happened because you failed to follow the directions and used it in a way that wasn’t intended by the manufacturers, you probably won’t qualify for a product liability claim. The only way you’ll be able to secure compensation for your injuries is if the explosion was caused by a product defect, such as:
- Faulty lid seal
- Automatic shut-off failure
- Venting problems
- Defective gaskets
- Defective lid
If one of these defects caused your injury, you’ll be eligible to file a pressure cooker explosion lawsuit. The only problem is, how do you tell what caused your cooker to explode? In order to find out what caused the malfunction, your attorney will call on an engineering expert. They’ll be able to analyze the appliance and figure out what exactly went wrong.
A Pressure Cooker Explosion Attorney Can Help You Join a Class Action Lawsuit
If others have suffered injuries from the same pressure cooker defect that caused your explosion, you might be able to add your case to a class-action lawsuit. Joining a class-action lawsuit will significantly increase your chances of receiving compensation. This is partly due to the old saying, “there’s strength in numbers.”
Class action suits have their benefits, but they can be exceptionally difficult to manage from a legal point of view. Luckily, this isn’t our first rodeo. In fact, our pressure cooker explosion attorneys have successfully litigated hundreds of class action suits in the past. They’ll make sure all the proper paperwork is submitted so that you can get the compensation you need.
Don’t Wait to File Your Pressure Cooker Explosion Claim
Delaying legal action is never wise, especially if your pressure cooker injury required expensive medical treatment. Getting started on your claim as soon as possible will increase your odds of receiving compensation. That’s because Arizona has a statute of limitations for product liability suits.
If you’re not familiar with the term statute of limitations, think of it as a legal deadline by which you have to file your claim. Under A.R.S. § 12-542, you might have as little as two years to file. “Might” being the operative word, as there are almost always exceptions to deadlines like that.
To find out exactly how long you have to file, contact a pressure cooker explosion lawyer from our firm. They’ll be familiar with the legal deadline that’s relevant to your case. They’ll also make sure that all the necessary court documents are filed before your deadline.
Our Pressure Cooker Explosion Attorneys Offer No-Cost Legal Services
If you’ve sustained injury from a pressure cooker explosion, you need a skilled attorney to represent you in court. Luckily, our pressure cooker explosion lawyers have a great deal of experience handling product liability claims, and they don’t charge upfront for their services.
They operate on a contingency fee basis, which means they’ll take a portion of your winnings in exchange for their services. To get the no-cost representation you need, contact the team at Zanes Law. We’ll get back to you ASAP to schedule your free consultation.