Zanes Law is an Arizona based personal injury law firm. We have offices staffed with pedestrian accident lawyers in both Tucson and Phoenix. The Zanes Law pedestrian accident lawyers know that life can change in an instant. In one moment on a beautiful desert evening in Phoenix you find yourself walking along an access road, just east of Arizona State Route 50, that leads into the Dreamy Draw Rec Area. Your mind is focused on the beautiful scenery and opportunities to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Phoenix Pedestrian Accidents
- Scottsdale Pedestrian Accidents
- Chandler Pedestrian Accidents
- Mesa Pedestrian Accidents
- Tucson Pedestrian Accidents
- South Tucson Pedestrian Accidents
- Yuma Pedestrian Accidents
Screech! Crash! Time moves in slow motion as you’re thrown across the hood of a car. You see the driver’s panicked face as they look up from their phone, slamming the brakes and trying to swerve – but it’s too late. Your next memory is waking up in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. Your injuries are severe, and instead of looking forward to walking through a beautiful landscape, you’re now worried about who will call your loved ones.
As if in a blink, you wake up in a hospital room. The doctor tells you the surgery has gone well and you’ll need to stay a little while to finish healing. Then you’ll need a round of physical therapy at one of Phoenix or Tucson’s well established sports injury and physical injury centers.
Unfortunately, the next call isn’t from a friend or family member. It’s the insurance company that represents the individual that hit you with their car. They sound empathetic. And they claim they really want to help you.
DANGER! The insurance company’s primary goal is to get as much information out of you as possible, and convince you to accept a low-ball offer. This would make their shareholders happy, but it isn’t the right answer for you and your family.
Call The Zanes Law Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Arizona Right Now!
You don’t have to fight this alone. Zanes Law has offices in Phoenix and Tucson. Our pedestrian accident lawyers have helped accident victims in Arizona seek justice for the past decade. We understand what you’re going through, like no one else can.
When you pick up the phone or send us a message, you’ll be immediately put in contact with one of our pedestrian accident lawyers who is in the most convenient Tucson or Phoenix office for you. If you’re hospitalized or unable to move about easily, we can meet you in-person to discuss the specifics of your accident. We will then cover your legal options and help you fill in the gaps regarding the best path forward with your pedestrian injury claim.
It’s critical that you contact our team immediately after your accident. In Arizona, you have a limited amount of time to file a pedestrian injury claim. You may also be limited by the insurance company’s pedestrian injury claim policies.
Pedestrian Injuries in Arizona
Most people do not realize that Arizona is one of the top 10 most dangerous states for pedestrians. There are many causes of pedestrian injuries in Arizona. Truck and car drivers are most responsible for pedestrian injuries, but there’s one thing we’ve learned over the past decade in representing Arizona personal injury victims – there’s always something new and crazy to be handled on behalf of a client.
Why People Get Hit: 6 Causes of Pedestrian Accidents?
- Distracted drivers not paying attention to the road
- Truck drivers experiencing fatigue and losing the ability to concentrate while operating in congested city streets with heavy pedestrian traffic.
- Vehicle breakdowns causing motorists to leave their vehicle and walk along busy traffic corridors.
- Drunk or impaired drivers operating their vehicle while over the legal limit.
- Negligent drivers operating their vehicle at an excessive speed.
- Careless drivers not paying attention to red lights on traffic signals, failing to come to a complete stop or failing to observe pedestrians in crosswalks.
Sadly, pedestrian accidents are becoming far too common an occurrence in Arizona. Pedestrian injuries range from minor bumps and bruises, to wrongful death. Arizona has one of the highest number of wrongful deaths caused by pedestrian accidents in the country.
At Zane Law, we encourage everyone in Arizona and around the country to buckle-up, put down the phone and make a conscious effort to drive more safely. We can all do more to save lives of pedestrians walking near our streets.
What should I do after a car vs. pedestrian accident in Arizona?
If you are a pedestrian and get hit by car in Tucson, you need to immediately seek medical attention. The most important thing is your personal health and safety.
- Get away from sources of danger – leaking gasoline, unsafe structures damaged in the accident, etc..
- Call 911 and get fire, police and medical assistance to your location. The fire department will help to block traffic and provide you with safety from other motorists distracted by the scene. Police will take careful notes of what happened in the accident report (these will be important later). And paramedics will provide you with any medical assistance you need, along with transportation to the hospital for further check-up.
Important Note: It is critical that you accept medical care after your accident. With adrenaline rushing, it is very possible that you do not recognize the full extent of your injuries. Medical personnel in Arizona are trained to provide life-saving care and fully assess your injuries. This will improve your chances for a full recovery from your pedestrian accident, and provide an important medical record that can be produced to support an Arizona pedestrian injury claim.
- Inform your loved ones that you’ve been in an accident.
- Carefully follow the advice of your medical team.
- Ignore calls from the other parties involved in the pedestrian accident – including the other side’s insurance company.
- Call Zanes Law for a free evaluation of your specific case. We can handle the insurance company and medical paperwork on your behalf.
You don’t need an insurance company beating you up to accept a low-ball offer after you’ve been in a pedestrian accident. Let your Zanes Law pedestrian accident lawyers take their calls on your behalf. Once they hear from us, they’ll understand that you’ve been fully informed of your legal rights, and they will start to take your personal injury claim much more seriously.
We’ve helped personal injury victims in Arizona recover over $500 million in damages after accidents like yours. Whether you suffered a few bumps and bruises, or you are a family member that is recovering from a wrongful death, we can help you better understand your legal options.
The financial compensation we’ll fight for will help you cover funeral expenses, medical bills, lost income from work and the many other financial costs of being involved in a pedestrian accident in Arizona.