There are many intrauterine devices (IUDs) on the market that serve as temporary contraceptives, like the Paragard copper IUD. This small, T-shaped device is implanted in a woman’s uterus to prevent pregnancy for up to 10 years by releasing tiny amounts of copper.
Marketed as being non-hormonal and over 99% effective, the device is inserted during a doctor’s visit. It has been promoted as having little to no side effects when compared to its hormonal IUD counterparts Mirena, Kyleena, Skyla, and Liletta.
A mass tort has formed involving cases reporting severe side effects and complications with the Paragard copper IUD. Zanes Law Injury Lawyers has been investigating recall information and pursuing legal action for women who qualify for compensation. Find out if you are eligible.
How Much Is a Paragard Lawsuit Worth in 2022?
The settlement amount for lawsuits against the manufacturers of the copper IUD, Teva Pharmaceuticals, has not been released to the public. However, there are about 1,246 pending product liability litigation cases that allege that the Paragard copper IUD breaks, causing injury and long-lasting side effects.
Your lawyer can confirm if multiple forms of compensation are possible since medical professionals prescribing the device are also responsible for advising patients of the risks. A settlement package may include:
- The expense of the Paragard IUD and its installation and removal fees
- The cost of additional medical treatment needed from the effects of the copper IUD
- Prescription costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
- Lost wages
For a free legal consultation with a paragard copper iud side effects & recall lawyer serving Paragard and Paraquat, call 866-499-8989
Is There a Recall on the Paragard Copper IUD?
No. Currently, the Paragard copper IUD is readily available with no reported recall information despite the lawsuits filed due to the severe side effects and health risks involved.
Paragard and Paraquat Paragard Copper IUD Side Effects & Recall Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
Proving Liability for Paragard Copper IUD Injuries
For legal action to be taken against for injuries associated with the Paragard copper IUD, the following criteria must be met:
- There must be a proven flaw in its design or marketing
- There must be proof that there was a failure of proper warning of the potential dangers of the product
- There must be proof that the defect, such as it breaking apart, caused damage to the victim
Defense Against the Manufacturers of the Copper IUD
Manufacturers are obligated to keep consumers safe and informed about the products that they put out. If a product is defective or flawed and can potentially cause harm, the consumer or client has the right to file a case against the manufacturer.
Our clients were left uninformed about the serious complications and side effects affiliated with the Paragard copper IUD. The lack of Paragard recall information can potentially prove that:
- The designers of the device put consumers at risk of unreasonable harm
- The manufacturers are not taking the negative health risks seriously
- Many women get this device seeking a safe birth control method as it is still available as such
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Side Effects and Risks of the Paragard Copper IUD
The Paragard IUD is a small, plastic T-shaped frame that is wrapped in copper and was never advertised as being inherently dangerous. However, users of this contraceptive have stated pain and heavy cramping during and in between periods and complications upon inserting or removing the device.
The Paragard copper IUD website currently lists the side effects and safety information of the device. In summary, it states:
- The device can cause pain to those using it
- The device could lead to a severe infection
- The device could break when removed, leading to a perforation in the uterine wall that results in more serious damage like infertility (confirmed by the Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine study)
- Can be expelled from the uterus in an unintended manner such as impact from a car accident
Many women are finding out that along with experiencing negative Paragard side effects, they also have an increased risk of the following:
- The Paragard copper IUD is associated with causing pelvic inflammatory disease
- There is a high risk of the Paragard copper IUD becoming lodged in the uterus or breaking and causing permanent scarring
- Victims who experience the above may have to undergo surgery and endure the medical risks associated with that
- The copper IUD is associated with ectopic pregnancies
What to Do if You’re Injured by the Paragard Copper IUD
If you experienced any of the listed Paragard side effects or risks that are associated with this defective device, take the following steps:
- Get an exam and follow the treatment plan from your doctor
- Consult with a Paragard lawsuit lawyer who has a record with cases similar to yours
- Gather evidence to submit, such as medical reports, receipts, prescriptions, journal entries, witness statements of those you talked to about the symptoms, etc., and give a copy to your attorney
The legal team that you select to represent you will use any relevant evidence to support your claim and create a strong defense strategy.
See if You Qualify for Compensation from Using the Paragard Copper IUD
An initial case evaluation will be necessary to see if you are eligible for compensation against Teva Pharmaceuticals. Contact us for an initial interview with one of our Arizona Paragard lawsuit attorneys at Zanes Law. It’s free of charge, and there is no obligation to move forward with us if you are not comfortable.
While there is currently no copper IUD recall information, it doesn’t mean that you have no legal rights. If you or a loved one removed the Paragard copper IUD and were not advised of the dangerous side effects, you may qualify to file a product liability lawsuit.
We are ready to take your case and fight for the financial losses that you deserve from enduring the harmful effects of the Paragard copper IUD.