A car collision catches you off guard and can have life-altering consequences. The unexpected nature of a car collision means you may not know exactly what to do in the aftermath. According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, approximately 127,000 car collisions occurred in both 2016 and 2017. If you or a family member was injured or a family member was killed in a car accident, do not hesitate to get the help you need.
The right course of action following a car accident can be hard to figure out. If you have been injured, the most important step is getting the medical attention you need. The next step is calling a car collision lawyer in Phoenix, AZ to discuss the details of your car accident. State laws and statutes that apply to your specific situation may require immediate action that you might be unaware of.
Phoenix Car Collision Lawyer Near Me
A car accident can leave you seriously injured or incapacitated. In the state of Arizona, over 37,000 people were injured and over 900 people were killed in car collisions in 2017. Most people are aware of the importance of reporting a car accident as soon as it happens. It is important to get immediate medical attention first, but your very next step should be to consult an attorney to help you comply with the laws in Arizona and ensure your rights are protected.
What an Attorney Brings to the Table
If the driver of the other vehicle offers to repair your car and cover your expenses, you should still consult an attorney. The at-fault driver and their insurance company may even offer a settlement in your case. While this seems like good news, here’s why you should have an attorney on your side:
- An attorney has a thorough knowledge of Arizona law.
- An attorney can help you meet critical legal timelines.
- An attorney can discuss your recovery options with you and ensure you fully understand them.
- An attorney can help you collect and submit the necessary documentation.
- An attorney can help you determine fault in a collision.
Major Causes of A Car Collision
Many factors could have contributed to the car collision that caused your injury. Your attorney will help you understand what caused your specific accident. Some major contributors include:
- Texting while driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Slick or icy roads
- Sudden and unexpected lane changes
- Following too closely
- Uncontrolled road rage
How an Accident Report Can Help Your Case
Some drivers choose not to call the police or report their accidents out of a desire to keep their premiums lower or because they assume their accident was not serious enough to warrant it. However, a car accident report can be an invaluable tool if you decide to file a claim against the other driver. This is for several reasons:
- The other driver may claim the accident did not occur.
- The other driver may claim you caused the accident.
- There may be confusion as to who caused the accident.
- Many accident reports contain witness contact information. Witnesses can give unbiased testimony as to how the accident occurred.
How Zanes Law Can Help You After A Car Collision
If you have reported the accident and gotten the medical care you need, you should consult an attorney. You have the right to file a claim or civil lawsuit to recover from the physical and property damages and losses you suffered.
A car collision lawyer in Phoenix, AZ will identify the at-fault driver and make sure your claim is filed in accordance with local statutes and timelines. You should speak to an attorney before you speak to the other driver’s insurance company. You should also weigh any settlement offers with the guidance of an attorney who can help you understand all the rights you have. They can also help you understand the full extent of your losses and recovery.
We Can Help You Recover the Compensation You Deserve
- Short and Long-Term Medical Bills: A car collision can lead to many medical bills. The hospital and doctor may charge you separately for your care. You will likely receive a charge for the ambulance ride if one is necessary. You will also face charges for pain relief and other medication in the hospital and for any prescription medications needed after your hospital stay.
- Property Damage or Loss: The damage resulting from a car collision can range from dents and dings to a total vehicle loss. An attorney can ensure your vehicle is properly assessed and no hidden damage is overlooked.
- Pain and Suffering: A car collision can leave you with minor injuries that heal immediately. It can also leave you with injuries that range from broken bones to internal injuries. This pain can cause significant emotional distress. You might also develop anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder due to the accident. This is compensable.
- Loss of Wages: A car accident may mean missing weeks or months of work while you recover. You are entitled to recoup lost salaries. You may also recover time lost for medical treatments and court appearances. If your injuries keep you out of work in the future, you are also entitled to those losses. A lawyer will help you understand the full scope of your losses and the potential for financial recovery.
If you or a family member were injured in a car accident and want help from an attorney, contact the Zanes Law Firm today. We will fight for everything to which you are entitled. Call us at (833)-648-3699 for a no-cost, no-obligation legal consultation.
Why You Should Not Settle With the Insurance Company on Your Own
In some instances, the at-fault driver or their insurance company may offer you a fast settlement. You may be tempted to accept this initial offer. Please speak to an attorney first to ensure you will receive everything you are owed in the aftermath of the collision. We will thoroughly explore any settlement offers and advise you accordingly. If we feel a settlement does not meet your needs, we will fight for you in court. The insurance company’s goal is to settle with as little cost as possible. Our goal is to make sure you are treated fairly, your rights are met, and your financial recovery makes you whole.
Get Financial Recovery With No Out of Pocket Expenses
Car collisions can have long-lasting effects. A car collision lawyer in Phoenix, AZ can help you and your family make a full financial recovery. When Zanes Law goes to bat for you, our team handles all the legal work so you can concentrate on getting well. Please call (833)-648-3699 for a free consultation. There is no cost or obligation, our team will come to you in the hospital or in your home, and you will not pay any attorney fees unless we make a successful recovery on your behalf.