If another’s negligence has caused you harm, you may be entitled to compensation for any damages suffered. These can include but are not limited to, medical expenses, pain and suffering, loss of wages, and alternative transportation costs.
A personal injury lawsuit is a legal dispute that arises when someone is injured due to the negligent or careless actions of another. In some cases, a formal lawsuit might be brought against the party who allegedly caused the harm. In most cases, however, a financial settlement is reached early in the process, allowing both parties to avoid time in court. At Zanes Law, we will do everything A to Z to help you get the compensation you need to recover from your accident.
Common personal injury cases involve auto accidents, falls, birth injuries, and hospital negligence, but any harm caused by negligence can fall under this category.
The personal injury lawyers in Scottdale, AZ from Zanes Law understands how devastating a personal injury can be for the entire family. Contact Zanes Law today at 866-499-8989 for a free and confidential consultation about your case with a Scottsdale personal injury lawyer.
If you were injured in a car accident on Shea Blvd in Scottsdale (accident shea blvd scottsdale), fill-out the form and we will contact you about your possible case.
If you live in Phoenix, Arizona and need a personal injury lawyer, please visit our Phoenix personal injury lawyer page.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Any time the negligence of another causes you harm, you may be entitled to recover damages in a personal injury lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Scottsdale, call 866-499-8989
The most common types of personal injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Birth injuries
- Dog bites
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Commercial truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Food poisoning
- Nursing home negligence
- Asbestos exposure
- Workplace accidents
- Wrongful death
What to Do if You Have Been a Victim of a Personal Injury
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of another, the tips below can help you stay safe and protect your rights.
- Seek immediate medical attention. Even if your injuries do not seem serious, it is always in your best interest to seek medical attention. Some serious injuries—such as internal bleeding, soft tissue damage, and brain injuries—may not present immediate symptoms, and you could be putting yourself in danger by waiting. In addition, seeking medical attention right away will be of immense benefit should you decide to bring a lawsuit against the responsible party or parties.
- Take pictures. If you are able, take as many pictures as possible of the scene of the accident, and any resulting injuries or property damage that occurred as a result. If you cannot take pictures yourself, ask someone else to do so on your behalf. Pictures can be invaluable to your case.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer serving Scottsdale, AZ. If you are injured, the last thing you should be doing is dealing with the stress of trying to handle a personal injury claim on your own. At Zanes Law, your attorney will thoroughly evaluate the details of your case to determine the best legal strategy for moving forward. A Scottsdale personal injury lawyer will ensure that you understand your rights and options, and we will seek the maximum compensation available.
Scottsdale Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
What You May Be Able to Recover in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Depending on the type of accident and your resulting injuries/damages, there are many kinds of damages for which you may be entitled to compensation. Some of the most common include:
- Visits to the doctor
- Prescription medications
- Durable medical equipment
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages, current and future
- At-home care
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of companionship
Statute of Limitations
Every state has a statute of limitations on personal injury cases. This is a window of time within which you must bring a lawsuit or negotiate a settlement. In Arizona, the statute of limitations is two years. If you try to file after the two-year window has closed, the court will almost certainly dismiss your case.
This is one of the many reasons it is so important to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. In addition to the risk of missing important deadlines, waiting too long to file a personal injury claim jeopardizes your ability to recall pertinent information and obtain evidence that may help substantiate your claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Scottsdale, AZ Personal Injury Lawyer Today
At Zanes Law, we want to help you. Before we move forward in any direction, we will ensure that you understand your legal rights and options. You may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other associated costs if another’s negligence has caused you harm. Our personal injury lawyers in Scottsdale will do everything we will to get you the compensation you deserve in a timely manner.
Contact Zanes Law today at 866-499-8989 for a free and confidential consultation about your case with a Scottsdale personal injury lawyer.