When you approach an intersection, you expect the other drivers on the road to obey traffic rules, observe weather and road conditions, and drive safely. Unfortunately, the Arizona Department of Transportation reports more than 127,000 vehicle accidents each year—and many of these involve side impact collision accidents.
If you or a family member has been involved in a side impact collision accident in the Phoenix area, there are laws in place to protect you. When a car accident happens at an intersection, it can be difficult to prove who was at fault. That is why it can be helpful to speak with a side impact collision accident lawyer at Zanes Law about your case. Call 602-999-9999 for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.
Major Contributing Factors in Side Impact Collision Accidents
Many factors can contribute to a side impact collision accidents. The top causes of car accidents in Arizona include:
- Sending or receiving text messages while driving
- Talking on the telephone without a hands-free device
- Driving recklessly
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Not observing the posted speed limit
- Snow and ice on the road
- Failure to observe or obey a stop sign or traffic light
If these or other factors played a role in your accident, you may be able to demonstrate the at-fault party’s negligence and hold them liable for your damages.
Establishing Negligence in a Side Impact Collision Accident
There are four things we will need to prove in order to hold another party responsible for your injuries, losses, and other expenses:
- Duty of care. All drivers have a duty of care toward others while they are on the road. This means they must act in a reasonable way to guarantee safety, such as by following traffic laws.
- Breach of duty. When a driver violates their duty of care, such as by ignoring traffic signals or driving while distracted, they can be found negligent and held responsible for the accident.
- Causation. We must show that the liable party’s negligence caused the accident to occur.
- Damages. We must demonstrate that the accident caused by the liable party resulted in your injuries.
A side impact collision accident lawyer in Phoenix, AZ, can help you collect the evidence you will need to prove negligence in court.
Receiving Full Compensation for Your Losses
Filing an insurance claim on your own can be a complicated process. The attorneys at Zanes Law can help estimate the full extent of your losses. These vary from case to case and cannot be properly evaluated without a full case review. Some examples of recoverable damages include:
- Hospital and medical bills: You may incur medical bills for emergency, follow-up, and ongoing treatment related to the injuries you suffered in the accident. These costs include emergency room visits, ambulance transportation, x-rays, and prescription medications. They might also include short- or long-term rehabilitation, physical therapy, chiropractic care, and occupational therapy.
- Pain and suffering: Your injuries may result in extensive, lasting pain. You are entitled to receive compensation for the pain you endured as a result of the accident.
- Loss of current and future income: Were you forced to miss work either on the day of the accident or while you recovered and healed? You are entitled to recover the wages you lost while attending court hearings, going to doctor’s appointments, and during any hospital stays related to the car accident.
The cost of your financial, medical, and property loss is the responsibility of the at-fault driver and their insurance company. We will pursue the compensation you deserve from all liable parties.
How a Side Impact Collision Accident Lawyer in Phoenix, AZ, Can Help
You have the right to financial recovery that compensates you for repairs to your car, replacement of your vehicle if it is deemed a total loss, current and future medical bills, current and future lost wages, and funeral and burial expenses if a family member lost their life in the accident.
Contact us today to start the financial recovery process. An attorney from Zanes Law can help you collect data and documents, determine who is at fault for the side impact collision accident, negotiate will the insurance company, and hold them fully responsible for your losses.
Don’t Wait to Report Your Accident
Like many states, Phoenix, AZ has a statute of limitations of two years from the time that the side impact collision accident took place. You must file your claim within this window or you may be unable to pursue compensation from the liable party. These tips will help you report your accident and file a claim quickly and accurately:
- Immediately call the police to make a full report
- Obtain a complete police report as soon as possible
- Contact the physician and hospital where you were treated to obtain all medical bills and related documents.
- Document the damage to your vehicle with photos
- Obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident
You do not have to follow these steps on your own. Our team can help you file your claim within the state’s deadline and walk you through every step of the process.
Finding a Phoenix Side Impact Collision Accident Lawyer Near Me
A side impact collision accident can have life-changing consequences. An attorney can help you negotiate a settlement with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. If a fair settlement is not possible, your attorney will fight for your rights in court.
The attorneys at the Zanes Law understand the uncertainty you may feel in the trauma and aftermath of an accident. If you or a family member were the victims of a side impact collision accident in Phoenix, AZ, don’t negotiate with the insurance companies on your own. Call us today at 602-999-9999 to schedule a free consultation. Our team will even come to you in the hospital or your home to make things easier for you if desired.