For several years running, the most dangerous part of I-10 has been right here in Phoenix. The three miles of road downtown near the “mini-stack” where the I-10 intersects with SR-51 and Loop 203 saw over 1,700 crashes in 2021, according to ADOT.
The multiple stacked freeways create a hotbed of car accidents, and you may end up in one of them. Zanes Law is familiar with dangerous portions of I-10, and we can help you get compensation after an I-10 accident in Phoenix, Arizona.
Why Is I-10 So Dangerous?
Researchers from ValuePenguin named I-10 among the top five deadliest highways in the United States along its entire length, and the Arizona section as the second-most dangerous. Weather conditions, lighting, and drunk driving were the main reasons. There are an average of 54.5 fatal accidents per 100 miles.
One big reason why it’s so dangerous is the lack of lighting along the highway. It’s the second darkest highway in the nation, and it has a high number of drunk drivers. In Phoenix, the big problem with I-10 is the mini-stack because of the volume of traffic.
One reason the mini-stack became so dangerous was that predictions of how Phoenix would grow were incorrect. Builders thought I-10 would carry most of the workload, but Loop 202 grew more than expected. There are no simple solutions to the problem, and drivers are facing the consequences.
For a free legal consultation with a i-10 accidents lawyer serving Phoenix, call 866-499-8989
Who Is Liable in I-10 Accidents?
While the design of I-10 is a contributing factor to car accidents, driver error is still the greatest cause of accidents on I-10. You’ll unlikely have a strong case for suing the city or the state in these highway accidents.
Instead, you’ll need to sue the other driver. In most cases, other drivers will carry insurance to pay for the costs of accidents. Drivers are required to exchange insurance information after an accident and carry insurance on their vehicles.
Our car accident lawyers can help you get this information and deal with the insurance company on your behalf. We can also help you if the other driver has no insurance or flees the scene so that you can’t get the information. A free case consultation will reveal your options.
Phoenix I-10 Accident Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
What to Do in a Highway Accident
Here are the steps we recommend following after an accident on I-10 in Phoenix:
- Safely stop your car and see if anyone is hurt. If someone is injured, call 911 to summon paramedics to the scene. Do not move them or their vehicle.
- If you can safely move your vehicle to the shoulder, do so. This is a requirement unless you’re too injured to do so. Please take great care, though, because other vehicles may not see that you’re stopped. If you have road flares or warning triangles, these can help.
- Get the names, contact information, and insurance information of the other drivers, and give them your information. Also, get the contact information of anyone else who may have been a witness.
- Take photos with your phone of the accident scene, the vehicles, and your injuries.
- When the police arrive, give a truthful statement. Ask for the officer’s name and the case report number. If you are taken to the hospital immediately, the police may contact you while you’re recovering, or you can call the non-emergency line to report the crash.
- If you weren’t given medical attention, get examined by a doctor as soon as possible to get proof of your injuries. The same day, if you can.
- If the doctor finds injuries, your next call should be to a car accident lawyer at Zanes Law for further advice. If you were taken to the hospital, you can call us while you’re still there. We can come to you or set up a teleconference.
Click to contact our Phoenix Car Accident Attorney today
What Will a Car Accident Lawyer Do After My Accident?
If your case needs the help of an accident lawyer, they’ll start by investigating the crash to confirm what happened. Along with the evidence you have, they can pull camera footage and use car accident reconstruction experts to understand what happened.
They’ll also keep the insurance company off your back and start compiling evidence to build your case and its value. They’ll approach the insurance company with the true value of your case and fight to get it for you.
If a settlement can’t be reached, we have no problem preparing your case for trial and fighting for your compensation in front of a jury. Only a handful of cases need to go to trial or mediation for a resolution. With a strong case and the help of a lawyer, most insurance companies settle.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Could the Government Be Responsible?
In rare cases, a poorly lit portion of I-10 or a major unrepaired pothole could be the primary cause of your car accident. It is possible to sue the government in these cases, but the rules are different. The most important thing is speed. The statute of limitations for suing the government for an I-10 accident is mere weeks.
If you think you have a case, speak with our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible. We will determine if you have a case and get your case filed to stop the clock on the statute of limitations.
Speak With a Car Accident Lawyer in Phoenix
Zanes Law knows how to handle car accidents that happen on I-10 in Phoenix. These crashes are common and often involve serious injury. Let us help you get the money you need to pay for your injuries. Call us to schedule a consultation or reach out to us through our contact form.
Call or text 866-499-8989 or complete a
Free Case Evaluation form