Many debilitating injuries arise from people slipping or tripping on wet, slippery or greasy surfaces as well as unexpected holes. These injuries are often the responsibility of the property owners responsible for maintaining public areas. In Fact, if you are on someone else’s property and you injure yourself as a result of a dangerous condition on the property, the land owner or business proprietor may be liable for your injuries.
If you are injured under these conditions in Tucson, you need a Tucson slip and fall attorney to help you with your case. There will be a lot you’ll need to clarify to make your case easier to litigate. Your accident might have happened at work, in public, or in someone’s home. Your Tucson slip and fall attorney from Zanes Law will take you through all of the necessary steps that will make your life easier and help you get paid for your injuries, medical care, pain and suffering, and other damages.
There are four generalized categories under which fall down accidents are grouped:
Where there is a foreign object in the walking path – like a stack of books in a walkway that is normally clear;
Where there is an impediment in the walking surface – like a power cord that runs between two cubicles that wasn’t there previously;
Where there is an unexpected failure or hole in the walking surface, such as a missing manhole cover or utility cover in the sidewalk;
In which the interface of the shoe and the floor fails – you slip and fall on someone’s wet or greasy floor and there are no warning signs posted anywhere.
Most slip and fall accidents occur in a business setting. These events fall under the category of premise liability because they are generally caused by the business or property owner not adequately maintaining the area where the event occurred.
• Damaged walkways, driveways, or paths leading to the business. This includes sidewalks that have shifted and potholes in any of these areas.
• Unmarked danger zones. This includes failing to post wet floor signs, notifying the public of uneven pavement or flooring, or other dangerous areas to walk in.
• Stairways that have not been properly maintained. This includes missing or broken handrails and failure to put slip-resistant coverings on the stairs.
• Inadequate of missing lighting in walk areas and stairwells.
• Failure to remove snow and ice and treat ground accordingly to prevent it from becoming slippery once the snow and ice are removed.
• Failure to keep walkways free from debris or clutter making it difficult to maneuver.
Slip and fall injuries should be taken very seriously. Anyone who has experienced a slip and fall should seek medical attention, even if the injury seems minor. It is not uncommon for slip and falls to cause the following injuries:
• Concussion and/or traumatic brain injury. Any time that your head is hit there is a potential for serious injury.
• Neck and spine injuries. Twisting while falling can lead to spine and neck injuries as well as the impact from hitting the ground.
• Damaged rotator cuff and wrist and elbow injuries. Many people put their arms out when they fall to brace themselves. This can lead to serious injuries of the shoulder, elbow, and wrist.
• Damage to the tailbone and lower back. An abrupt fall can cause a hard landing on your tailbone and shock your lower spine.
• Twisted or broken ankles and displaced hip joints. Many falls cause damage to this area because of how the body twists when it slips.
You slipped and fell in a particular place and might have even had to go to the hospital. There are extreme cases where people have been killed in slip and fall accidents, which means their loved ones need to file wrongful death suits. You need Zanes Law to look deep into your case to determine what really happened. We will not file your case in court until we know exactly what is going on. You can give your Zanes Law attorneys all the information you have and any extra information if they ask for it, even if your employer has pressured you not to say anything. You might need to relate mitigating circumstances that happened that day that only you witnessed.
The lawyer you hire from Zanes Law is the one who will determine the type of case you have. He or she will figure out if someone was personally responsible for your slip and fall or if a company or government was responsible. Your lawyer will evaluate how bad your injuries were and assertain everything that could have happened to you after the accident. The type of case you have dictates how difficult it might be for you to get remuneration, and your lawyer will advise you on how the case is likely to play out.
You might have gone to the hospital, been disabled, or even worse. Perhaps you lost your job and are looking for work. There are many areas of life that the people from Zanes Law will help you with because your slip and fall accident does not stop after you hit the ground. The effects of your accident could last for years, which is why you are filing a claim for damages. You deserve to have a life that is not constantly swallowed up by your injury, and you can try to get compensation from the people who caused the accident. Your Zanes Law team members will show you what they can do and will work hard to give you back the money you know that you deserve. Give them time, and they will do the best they can.
Your slip and fall case can get you compensation for your pain and suffering, and you can get someone to settle with you in some instances. Your lawyer will never know precisely what he or she can do for you, but will make sure to give you the best possible representation in order to get you some compensation. It is much harder for you to live without compensation than it is to try to file a claim. Your representatives from Zanes Law will make sure to help you find some kind of middle ground so you can have a normal life again.
Call Zanes Law to make sure that you get started with the best personal injury lawyers today. We offer free consultations, and you will find out how easy it is for people who know what they are doing to handle your case. Don’t let your case go stale by not doing anything. Someone’s negligence has hurt you, and you deserve to have help from a great lawyer.
After I was hit by a drunk driver last year, Zanes Law handled my case and my experience was a positive one. Even though the guy was never given a sobriety test (due to a lot of inconvenient and frustrating circumstances including police incompetence and other thinKayley Self Personal Injury
Good people to work with.Greg King Personal Injury
I never though of myself as a person that would ever file a lawsuit, but sometimes you have to do what you don't want to do to get what you need/deserve this was one of those times i didn't know a thing about the process they we very helpful in answering all of myNate Ash Showers Personal Injury
3501 E Speedway Blvd #101
Tucson, Arizona 85716
(520) 777 7777
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury, or worse... we are here to help. Please don't hesitate to reach out.