If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident due to another’s negligence, it is your right to seek compensation by filing a claim. At Zanes Law, it is always our goal to reach a fair settlement without having to go to court. If this is not possible though, our Glendale injury lawyers will take your case to court and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact a Glendale Slip and Fall Lawyer today at 866-499-8989 for a free and confidential consultation about your case.
The legal team at Zanes Law understands the devastating consequences a slip and fall injury can have. Beyond just medical expenses, the cost of emotional pain and suffering and lost wages can create a financial burden for many families. Contact a slip and fall lawyer in Glendale, AZ from Zanes Law.
Call us at 866-499-8989 for a free and confidential consultation about your case. We can take care of the initial sign up over the phone, or we can go to your home or hospital room if you prefer.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
As with any personal injury, slip and fall accidents can occur for an infinite number of reasons. Some common causes of slips and falls include:
- Slippery floor surfaces (spilled substances, recently-waxed floors)
- Uneven floor surfaces (loose floorboards, uneven sidewalks, potholes)
- Debris or clutter in walkways or store aisles
- Torn carpeting
- Poor lighting
- Poorly designed staircases
- Ice- or snow-covered sidewalks or parking lots
A property owner is not automatically liable if you slipped and fell. That is a misconception about these cases. But premises liability cases are generally not easier than other injury cases. If you slipped and fell, your case must establish that the property owner or manager was negligent, caused or contributed to your accident, and you suffered damages.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Glendale, call 866-499-8989
Recoverable Damages for a Slip and Fall Case
If you have been injured due to another’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for any damages you suffered. Some of the most common include:
- Doctor visits
- Ambulance fees
- Surgical procedures
- Physical therapy
- Prescription medications
- Medical equipment
- Pain and suffering
- Current and future lost wages
- At-home care
- Wrongful death
Evidence including medical records and bills, proof of wage loss, and expert testimony (e.g., medical experts, vocational specialists, etc.) can help establish the value of your losses and expenses. Our team can help you retrieve this evidence and negotiate with the insurance company to get the money you need and deserve.
Glendale Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
What to Do After a Slip and Fall
If the negligence of another has caused you to suffer damages in a slip and fall accident, you can improve your chances of obtaining a substantial settlement by following the advice below:
- Get medical attention. If you have not already, seek medical care. Some injuries may not be readily apparent, and some serious injuries may appear minor at first. Furthermore, having a medical record tied to your accident can be immensely helpful to an injury case if you pursue legal action.
- Save as much evidence as possible. If you took pictures or video of the slip and fall scene, keep them in a safe place. Also, take pictures of your injuries, such as bruising. Save the contact information of any eyewitnesses too.
- File an incident report. If you have not already, file an incident report with the property owner or manager. If you previously filed an incident report, save a copy for your records.
- Contact a slip and fall lawyer in Glendale, AZ. The last thing you want to deal with after an accident is insurance companies and paperwork. Let a slip and fall attorney handle negotiations on your behalf. At Zanes Law, we will analyze the details of your case to determine the appropriate next steps.