Workplace injuries cannot be avoided, no matter where you work. Work injury lawyers are the best option if you sustain injuries while on the job. Whether you suffer a minor accident while at the workplace, such as a slip and fall, or if you suffer a significant injury, such as a scaffolding crash, a work injury lawyer can step in.
Seeking the help of a workplace injury lawyer after a work accident will ensure you know what your rights are and can help you complete the necessary workers’ compensation paperwork correctly. The Tucson work injury lawyers at Zanes Law can help.
What does a Work-Related Injury Lawyer Do?
A workers’ compensation lawyer has countless responsibilities including:
- Gathering all possible information from the incident
- Carrying out legal research and speaking with eyewitnesses
- Obtaining all medical records and lost wages stemming from your injury
- Answering any questions you may have about your case
- Reporting the injury to your workplace
- Representing you in a court of law if your case goes to court
- Settling on the proper amount of compensation
When working with a work injury lawyer in Tucson, you will be able to proceed with your claim smoothly. It’s essential that you follow Arizona state laws for reporting and filing a work-related injury claim.
- Notify your employer: This is the most vital step in starting a claim. Once your employer is notified, they will give you information about their workers’ compensation insurance carrier, making it easy for you to carry using this process.
- Seek medical assistance if needed: Seeing a doctor as soon as you can following your injury will be highly beneficial. The quicker you see a doctor following your injury; the more legitimate your case will look.
- Complete the necessary paperwork: In Arizona, you have a year from the date your accident occurred to complete a worker’s and physician’s report of injury. These forms allow you to answer questions about your injury, whereas your attending physician can also submit their answers to the forms questions on their separate sheet.
- File the required forms: Upon completion of the worker’s injury report and physician’s report of injury, you can file these forms with the Industrial Commission of Arizona (ICA). Your doctor will submit theirs separately and has only eight days after treatment to send it on.
- Receive a decision from the workers’ compensation insurance company: The insurance company will have 21 days to either approve or deny your claim. If denied, you’ll receive your notice and, from there, can challenge the decision with the help of your lawyer. If approved, you’ll receive your compensation promptly.
Workers’ Compensation vs. Personal Injury
If you are at your place of work and fall victim to injury, you can file for workers compensation. Workers’ compensation will be awarded to you by your employer’s insurance company, depending on the case and your given information.
A personal injury lawyer might be involved in cases with workplace-related injuries only if a third-party individual or company causes the damage. If this is the case, you can seek the advice of a personal injury lawyer to receive the estimated compensation.
In the latter case, workers’ compensation can’t be awarded because the accident did not occur due to your employer.
For a free legal consultation with a work injury lawyer serving Tucson, call 866-499-8989
Common Causes of Workplace Accidents
As of late, some workplaces have become increasingly dangerous. Various factors can cause freak accidents, resulting in countless injuries to employees. Here are the most common workplace accidents:
- Injuries from heavy lifting: Some lines of work might require you to lift heavy materials, which could result in muscle tears or strains. It’s essential to ask for help from other staff members if lifting becomes too difficult.
- Construction-related injuries: Sometimes, scaffolding could collapse, power tools could malfunction, or you could ingest dangerous chemicals on large construction sites.
- Factory accidents: If you work at a factory with heavy equipment, numerous different injuries could occur. For example, conveyor belts could catch on articles of clothing, or you could slip and fall due to loose materials.
- Office related damages: In the office, carpal tunnel is a common injury or sudden changes in eyesight can occur when working for extended periods of time on a screen.
- Industrial accidents: Sometimes, on an industrial job site, fires, explosions, or chemical burns could cause severe injuries to employees.
Tucson Work Injury Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
When Should You Seek a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
At Zanes Law Injury Lawyers, we understand how stressful work-related injuries can be. From reporting the enjoyment and collecting evidence for your claim to paying for medical bills and dealing with the emotional stressors can be incredibly taxing.
Our team of experienced work injury lawyers in Tucson will go above and beyond to assist you in your claim. Contact us today for a free case evaluation. The quicker you speak with us, the quicker we can get you the compensation you are entitled to.