Motor scooters like Vespa® have become increasingly popular as of late. These options are great for economic reasons, but can be the cause of very serious injuries. With the increased risk of accidents, there are countless ways you can move forward with a motorbike accident case if it occurs.
No matter how the accident was caused, or the extent of injuries sustained, motorcycle accidents are incredibly stressful. A lot can be put on the line in a case such as this, and having the right team on your side is vital. Seeking out an experienced Tucson motor scooter and Vespa accident attorney may be what makes your case successful.
How Will a Tucson Motor Scooter and Vespa Accident Attorney Help My Case?
In a motor scooter or Vespa accident, every case is different. Furthermore, it’s difficult to file a claim on your own. Seeking the help of a Tucson motor scooter and Vespa accident lawyer is recommended. They will know all about Arizona laws regarding motorcycles, motor scooters, mopeds, and similar vehicles.
With many motorcycle accident claims, negligence will be the most important part. A skilled attorney from Zanes Law will be able to help you know your rights and demonstrate negligence for a strong case. Before moving forward with your case, these four elements must be proven.
- The duty of care you were owed: The party liable to your accident owed you a basic level of care in order to prevent harm. This can be easy to prove, only if you, as the driver, were abiding by rules and trying to prevent injury.
- A breach to this duty: The party that has failed to provide you the level of care deserved must have acted in a careless manner. For example, if a driver has failed to check blind spots before turning and injured you in the process, they have breached their basic duty of care.
- Causation: The accident that had occurred must be directly linked to your injuries. So, if the other liable party had not acted negligently, you would not be injured.
- Damages: Due to an accident, you will need to be able to show that you have sustained damages. This can include medical bills, loss of wages, or damages to your vehicle.
Your attorney will also be familiar with the statute of limitations on your case. Likely, this statue is two years from the date of your accident. However, your attorney will be knowledgeable with the rules and regulations of Arizona, making it easy to file within the allotted amount of time.
Once your claim is filed, the insurance company will begin to negotiate compensation. In many cases, insurance companies will belittle your claim, injuries, and losses. No matter if you were insured or uninsured, your lawyer can help speak with the insurance companies and negotiate around their tricks.
Motorcycle accident lawyers deal with insurance companies all the time, making it easy for them to secure you a solid amount of compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a motor scooter/vespa® accidents lawyer serving Tucson, call 866-499-8989
Determining Liability for a Motor Scooter and Vespa Accident
When it comes to determining liability for an accident in Tucson, your attorney will compare the evidence and find fault. This liability can fall on one individual party or multiple parties. Some of the parties that can be held responsible for motor vehicle accidents are the following:
- Other drivers on the road: If another driver is distracted by texting or talking on the phone, speeding, running red lights, or not yielding to oncoming traffic, crashes could occur. If you are riding on a scooter and get hit by another driver, you could sustain serious injuries.
- Pedestrians: Sometimes, people crossing the street or walking on the side of the road, dont notice traffic coming their direction. If this is the case, someone can walk in front of your scooter while driving and cause an accident. If this is the case, they will be held liable for your crash.
- Product manufacturers: Similar to any other product, defects can occur. Maybe your scooter or Vespa had defective breaks, or a bad engine, causing you to lose control and crash. In a case like this, the manufacturer can be liable.
- Local governments: Roads that aren’t safe to drive on that contain potholes, or huge cracks, are a large cause of accidents. If this is the case, the local government may be at fault for not upholding their duty of care that is owed to all drivers on the road.
Tucson Motor Scooter/Vespa® Accident Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
The Damages You Can Recover
In each case, compensation will solely depend on several factors. For example, the extent of your injuries or the level of damage your vehicle has sustained will aid in determining the amount of damages you can recover.
With the help of a motor scooter or Vespa accident attorney in Tucson, you can be sure to collect the highest amount of money. For instance, some of the damages you can recover include:
- Past or future medical costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of any future earnings
- Any property damage losses
- Physical therapy costs
- Rehabilitation services, if applicable
- Pain and suffering
Contact Our Lawyers for Motor Scooter and Vespa Accidents Today!
If you want to begin your claim, seeking the proper assistance is necessary. Any type of accident is scary, but when it comes to motorcycle accidents, the injuries could be fatal. The long term effects of injuries, emotionally and physically, can be lost for long periods of time.
At Zanes Law Injury Lawyers, we want you to focus on your well being and adjustment following your accident. Let our Tucson motor scooter/Vespa accident lawyers step up and fight for you and your case. Contact us today if you have any questions or would like a free consultation.