Truck Driver Shot Fleeing From Border Patrol Officer
- Doug Zanes
- February 18, 2019 Truck Accidents
Security at our nation’s borders goes both ways. For those wanting to come into our country and those who wish to leave. The recent public debate about the need for increased border security may have gotten even more complicated and contentious following an incident which happened in Nogales, Arizona earlier this month.
According to a story appearing on the NTD website, on the night of February 7th, a driver in a pickup truck attempted to cross the border from Arizona into Mexico and tried to run over the Customs and Border Patrol officer.
According to Nogales Mayor Arturo Garino, Mayor of Nogales, Arizona said in a statement that the shooting happened after the driver of the pickup truck refused to stop at the border into Mexico at the Port of Nogales, DeConcini Crossing on the U.S. side of the border. The driver also tried to run over a CBP officer. The CBP officer opened fire on the driver of the vehicle, injuring him.
The pickup truck rolled to a stop a few yards into the Mexican side of the border. The driver was rushed to an area hospital to be treated for gunshot wounds. There have been conflicting reports as to the current status of the driver. The CBP has released no further information as to the driver’s current condition.
Related Blog Posts
07 Aug 2015
26 May 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Police Prepare To Implement Stay-At-Home Orders In Arizona
- A Passenger Suffering From Gunshot Wounds Was Involved In A Rollover Crash
- A Tanker Explodes Off Of Interstate 40, The Fire Lasting Into The Morning Hours
- Details About A Crash That Injured A Motorcyclist And Its Passenger Remain Unclear
- A Good Samaritan Was Injured In A Complex, Multi-Vehicle Accident