Olsen Twins Sued by Former Intern
- Casey Hamm
- August 12, 2015
Summer is coming to an end and so are summer internships.
Most interns expect little-to-no pay and to be the “errand person” for the company they are interning at.
This is no different for former intern, Shahista Lalani, a Parsons School of Design grad, who interned at the Olsen twins’ fashion line, The Row.
She claims to over-worked during her internship and underpaid.
“Some of the responsibilities included chores that are typical to any fashion internship: running errands, organizing, cleaning, photocopying, organizing excel-sheets.”
Lalani had worked under the brand’s head technical designer fora few months.
“She was very demanding,” she said to the New York Post. “I was doing the work of three interns. I was talking to her all day, all night. E-mails at nighttime for the next day, like 10 p.m. at night.”
Lalani is now suing the Olsen twins for fair compensation.
How would you describe your internship experiences? Let us know in the comments below!
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Family Learns Of Bus Accident When Another Child Carries Their Child Into The Home, Bus Driver Refused To Help
- Opioid Ruling: Interpretation and Analysis
- Study: Nearly half of drivers do not use blinker while driving
- Woman Pierces Eye With Metal Drinking Straw In Accident, Dies
- 2019 School Supply Giveaway Attendees!