Ep #49: The Inner Workings of a Law Firm: Litigation Department
- Casey Hamm
- June 30, 2015
Welcome to part 4 of our “Behind the Scenes” mini-series of our internal departments at Zanes Law firm. On this concluding episode, we take a look into a department that’s usually difficult to understand for those unfamiliar with a life of a personal injury case – our litigation department.
90% of the personal injury cases at Zanes Law are usually settled pre-litigation. They go through the intake department, case manager, and settlement coordinator and the claim is settled at that point. However, if the case does not get settled then, usually because the settlement offer from the insurance company is too low, then it goes on to the litigation department.
Join us on Zanes Law Personal Injury Legal Tips podcast as your host, Casey Hamm, explains the ins and outs of our litigation process and what you can expect if you case happens to reach that stage. Listen in as we help you feel more prepared and open your eyes to what happens when someone is dealing with a personal injury claim.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why cases usually get transferred to the Zanes Law Firm litigation department.
- What mitigation and arbitration are all about and the difference between the two.
- The duties of litigation case managers.
- Who has the final decision on whether the case goes to litigation.
- The importance of understanding everything that is happening with your case as it moves into litigation stage.