Ep #39: Ridesharing Accident vs. Taxi Accident
- Casey Hamm
- April 21, 2015
With the advent of mobile technology, new ridesharing services like Lyft and Uber are taking the world by storm. With a few taps on your smartphone, you can have a vehicle ready to drive you wherever you need to go. Not only those services are faster and more reliable than Taxis, they are often much more affordable, comfortable and pleasant. Unfortunately, there has been a considerable amount of pushback from the cab companies and lobbyists, claiming that the ridesharing services are unsafe and have insufficient insurance coverage for their passengers.
On this episode of Zanes Law Personal Injury Legal Tips, Doug Zanes talks about the differences between services like Uber and Lyft and traditional cab services. Tune in to find out why you should support these services and why the claims about their insufficient insurance coverage and lack of safety are actually not true.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How ridesharing services work.
- The differences between ridesharing and Taxi services.
- Whether you are at risk of not getting compensated for getting hurt in an Uber or Lyft.
- What the cab companies fail to tell the public.
Featured On The Show:
- Everything You Need to Know About Grocery Store Slip & Fall Accidents
- Stay Safe on the Road: Essential Bicycle Safety Tips
- Passenger in a Car Accident? Here’s What You Need to Know.
- Saying These 5 Things After an Accident Can Hurt Your Settlement
- Zanes Law Awards $2,700 College Scholarship to Texas Tech University Student