Some of you have probably have heard about the recent interest and the investigation of the head injuries and the damage that they cause in NFL and other league's football players. As schools are starting back up in the fall and the football season and practice picks back up in August for the different football leagues, we decided that it’s the right time to have a conversation about head injuries in athletes.
On this episode of Zanes Law Personal Injury Legal Tips, Doug Zanes explores the topic of head injuries in athletes in hope that that information will be valuable to the parents of the kids who either are or want to get involved with football, hockey, boxing, MMA or other sports where players receive concussions. Listen in to discover some eye-opening research that has been done on the players’ brains who have passed away to help you decide whether you want your child getting involved with a sport where brain trauma is very likely to occur.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The dangers of impact sports.
- Why high school football practices are more dangerous than professional league practices.
- The frightening statistics from the federal court documents from the NFL concussion lawsuit.
- The case that started that lawsuit.
- Some shocking cases of brain damage in football players.
- What Traumatic Encephalopathy is and the key resources for its research.
Featured On The Show:
- New York Times article: Brain Trauma to Affect One in Three Players, N.F.L. Agrees
- Boston University School of Medicine Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy
- Brain Injury Research Institute
- Email Doug Zanes: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zanes Law Personal Injury Lawyers Tucson:
- Zanes Law Personal Injury Lawyers Phoenix:
You might also find these other episodes interesting:
Are You Ready For Representation
The Zanes Law Legal Team is here to stand up for you and ready to fight for the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured in Arizona reach out to us today for a free, no-obligation case evaluationContact the Zanes Law Legal Team