Every day, we send our kids to Arizona’s preschools, kindergartens, and daycares, where we expect the staff to take good care of our children. The licensed nannies, babysitters, and childcare workers spend time with our child for several hours a day.
One of the worst things that can happen is to find out that the staff has sexually abused your child. But Arizona law states that parents have the right to seek compensation against the perpetrator and any third party whose carelessness contributed to the abuse.
While the legal path may seem smooth, there are roadblocks that you can avoid with legal assistance from daycare sexual abuse attorneys in Phoenix. Zanes Law can help you understand your rights and pursue justice and compensation.
Defining Child Sexual Abuse
Sexual contact between an adult and a juvenile of any age is prohibited. Sexual abuse of a child may occur without physical contact between the perpetrator and the victim. Some examples of child sexual abuse include:
- Rape with a foreign object
- Sexual relations with a child
- Manipulation or coercion of a child into exposure to an adult
- Sharing pornographic material with a minor
- Forcing a child to touch themselves sexually
- Being photographed while engaging in sexual activities
For a free legal consultation with a sexual abuse lawyer serving Phoenix, call 866-499-8989
Signs of Sexual Abuse in a Daycare Facility
When a trusted adult sexually abuses a child, the trauma can appear in a wide range of strange or out-of-character behaviors. If you are worried that your child may have been sexually abused, look out for these warning signs:
- Irrational behaviors like tantrums when they were not there previously
- Suffering an injury to the genital region
- Clothing that is torn or stained with blood
- Having trouble sitting up straight or walking
- Nightmares or terrors that keep you awake
- Refusing to return to the daycare
When you reach out to our daycare sexual abuse attorneys in Phoenix, we can work with experts such as therapists, doctors, and teachers to uncover the physical and mental detriment caused by a member of the daycare staff. We can get your child to the specialist they deserve while the police investigate responsibility and bring forth criminal charges.
Phoenix Sexual Abuse Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
Determining Liability in a Daycare Injury
Even though kids are bound to get hurt sometimes, it is the job of caregivers at the daycare and the helping staff present to keep them from getting hurt as much as possible. If your child gets hurt at daycare, you should find out if it could have been prevented. It is also important to find proof that the adults in charge were keeping a close eye on the child.
When your child’s medical needs are taken care of, make an appointment with a daycare injury lawyer. The following can be held responsible for the abuse depending on the case:
- If a daycare worker abused your child, you could sue the worker in civil court for their actions.
- You could sue the daycare if they didn’t do a thorough background check or give enough training.
- Suppose the daycare lets a sexual abuse episode happen on the property. In that case, the daycare can be sued for carelessness.
While we aim to hold your child’s abuser liable for civil damages, they will also likely face criminal charges. Even if the perpetrator is arrested, charged with a crime, and convicted, you still have the legal right to pursue compensation against them. We can help you navigate these legal complexities.
Arizona’s New Civil Statute of Limitations for Childhood Sexual Abuse Lawsuits
In 2019, Governer Ducey passed HB 2466, a bill that amended the statute of limitations for child sexual abuse victims. Where most injuries to minors have a time limit clock that begins ticking when they turn 18 if they want to pursue a claim, child sexual abuse victims have much longer.
Ariz. Rev. Stat. § 12-514 now gives victims an additional 12 years after they turn 18 until they are 30 years of age to launch a claim or lawsuit. As a bonus, the revision permits victims of child sexual abuse to sue mandated reporters (such as teachers, physicians, and social workers) who conceal or cover up such crimes.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Benefits of Hiring Daycare Sexual Abuse Attorney in Phoenix
Cases involving sexual assault against a child come with unique legal difficulties, making it crucial to contact a lawyer with previous experience in similar allegations. Parents can rely on our lawyers to help them understand Arizona law and how daycare sexual abuse claims will proceed.
The benefits of hiring a daycare sexual abuse lawyer in Phoenix are the following:
- Free consultation: We offer free, no-obligation consultation in which we analyze your claim and explain all your legal alternatives. The daycare worker responsible for your abuse is identified, and you get the deserving compensation.
- Case investigation: We initiate the investigation for your case. From connecting with eyewitnesses to gathering important documents, we do it all for you.
- Filing a claim: We file a lawsuit on your behalf to collect the damages that are rightfully yours. We are well aware of the deadlines and stick to them.
- Maximum compensation: We know what compensation you deserve and how to get it. Depending on your specific case, medical expenditures, private counseling, lost wages, mental anguish, and pain and suffering may all be recoverable.
Contact a Daycare Sexual Assault Lawyer in Phoenix
Child safety is a priority in Arizona, which is why the state has enacted several regulations and guidelines on licensed daycares. While you focus on your child’s health, our Phoenix daycare sexual abuse attorneys will fight for and get the compensation you are due.
Contact the daycare injury lawyers at Zanes Law now for a free examination of your case. We will not charge you until we recover compensation for your harm.