Prepare your case against a negligent daycare with the help of our knowledgeable Phoenix child abuse lawyer if you suspect child abuse. Throughout the duration of the case, we retain discretion while working tirelessly to defend the child’s rights.
Zanes Law has years of expertise and specialized understanding in defending victims of alleged child abuse in the state of Arizona. Our daycare neglect lawyers in Phoenix can handle every facet of your case from A to Z.
Our lawyers defend the rights of abuse victims and assist families in obtaining the compensation they are due to help recover. We’re willing to come to you to conduct a free case evaluation if needed.
What Is Considered As Child Abuse?
If someone believes that a kid’s physical or mental welfare is in jeopardy, child abuse charges may follow. Child abuse charges may be brought against parents, guardians, educators, or other household members.
Accusations of child abuse frequently come in a variety of ways, including:
- Shaking, hitting, or other physical injuries are examples of physical abuse
- Emotional abuse, which includes using obscene or demeaning language
- Neglect, such as failing to provide a child with basic medical care or cleanliness, or leaving a child unattended
- Abandonment, which includes a failure to offer adequate assistance
- Sexual assault, including unwanted touching
Depending on the circumstances, charges such as endangering a child’s welfare or statutory sexual assault could be added in addition to child abuse. Consulting with our daycare sexual abuse lawyers will give your family the chance to begin healing and holding the right part responsible.
For a free legal consultation with a child abuse lawyer serving Phoenix, call 866-499-8989
What Is Arizona’s Punishment for Child Abuse?
Being accused of this crime is serious, and depending on the details of the charges, there may be consequences that include time spent in state prison.
There are several categories of child abuse:
- Involves a parent who has custody of the kid but has put the child’s life or health in danger
- Abuse committed with knowledge or malice is punishable as a Class 2 felony, with a sentence of up to 12 and a half years in jail, seven years of probation, and a fine of up to $150,000
- If the victim is under 15 years old, it may be classified as a Dangerous Crime Against Children. If a history of felonies is present then mandatory jail time may be enhanced.
- If the abuse was reckless, a Class 3 offense may have been committed which is punishable by up to eight years in prison, five years of probation, and a fine of $150,000
- Abuse committed with criminal negligence may be a Class 4 felony in which up to three years in prison, four years of probation, and a fine of $150,000 is given
- Involve children who may have been abused but were not expected to sustain major injuries
- Class 4 felonies are those committed knowingly or intentionally and offenders can face up to three years in prison, four years of probation, and a fine of up to $150,000
- Class 5 felony is committed through irresponsible behavior and is punishable by two and a half years in prison, three years of probation, and a maximum fine of $150,000
- Class 6 felony is committed by criminal negligence and the sentence can be up to two years in prison, probation for up to three years, and a fine of up to $150,000
Arizona places a high priority on child safety, resulting in the state passing several laws and requirements regarding registered daycares. It is highly recommended that you hire a seasoned child abuse lawyer in Phoenix who can help you navigate the legal process of holding the offenders accountable.
Phoenix Child Abuse Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
Legal Advice if You Believe That a Child Is Being Abused
Knowing that a child is being abused or neglected at school is not always clear. Maybe you noticed bruising, behavior changes, or witnessed them crying without reason. There is always the possibility that bruising came from playing or that they are experiencing a developmental setback.
With child abuse being such a serious offense, it is important to assess the situation objectively to be of the most assistance necessary. Here are some legal tips:
- If you suspect a child is being mistreated or is in immediate danger, contact authorities right away.
- If you are uncertain, be aware of signs of child abuse.
- Communicate with the child or try to create a trustworthy relationship for them to open up to you.
- Document patterns of behavior or bruising/scars.
- Speak with other adults in their lives such as relatives, nurses, etc. who may have recognized similar things.
- Contact guided support or report abuse if you are sure.
Why You Should Hire a Child Abuse Attorney to Help Your Claim
It is vital to get in touch with a Phoenix child abuse lawyer who has prior expertise handling charges of similar cases involving daycare sexual assault or neglect against a minor because such cases present special legal challenges.
Parents can rely on our attorneys to explain Arizona law and any other concerns regarding the legal process in Phoenix. As your child neglect lawyers, benefits include:
- Case Investigation: We get started on your case’s investigation. We handle everything for you, from speaking with witnesses to acquiring documentation and evidence.
- Claim Filing: On your behalf, we file a lawsuit to recover the damages that are due. The deadlines are well known to us, and we adhere to them.
- Maximum Compensation: We are aware of your legal rights to compensation and how to pursue it. Medical costs, private therapy, lost pay, mental anguish, and pain and suffering might all be recoverable, depending on the particulars of your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
When Is the Right Time to Contact a Child Abuse Attorney?
Contact us right away. We provide a complimentary, no-obligation consultation during which we evaluate your claim and outline all of your legal options. Every child and adolescent has a right to safety. By connecting with our child abuse attorneys in Phoenix, you minimize their risk of harm.
Many think that they need to be certain or have absolute knowledge, but Zanes Law Firm is an expert at investigating claims on behalf of those in danger. Speak with our legal team to put your mind at ease and let us handle the rest.