Why Minor Injuries May Not Be So Minor: Our Insight on Minor Injuries
- Doug Zanes
- January 21, 2015
What is considered a minor injury? Minor injuries do not involve broken bones, surgery or hospitalization. Soft tissue injuries such as strains, sprains and contusions are examples of minor injuries. At this level, people often neglect to seek experienced medical attention or legal advice if the injury was caused by an auto accident. But “minor” accidents or injuries may be more serious than you think.
Minor accidents/injuries are the level at which insurance companies work hardest against your interests. They are in a big hurry for you to settle. But injuries can worsen over time. If you are too quick to characterize your injuries as minor, it’s very easy to damage the value of your case. That’s why it’s important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney immediately. Remember that you might have to face future medical treatment or procedures for your injury, and if you settle early, the insurance company won’t compensate you for medical costs.
At Zanes Law, we believe there is no such thing as an insignificant accident or injury because every type of accident or injury may impact your life in some way. With a minor accident/minor injury you can expect the following:
- Obtaining medical treatment
- Consulting with insurance companies
- In some situations, missing work and changing important plans
When you’ve suffered a minor injury, you may be thankful that the injury wasn’t worse, but the accident still disrupts your life for a period of time and can have unforeseen complications. Remember that you have options, and you should know about them.
If you have been injured in a car accident, even if you believe it to be minor, we encourage you to see your doctor (if you feel any pain) to get checked out and consult with a personal injury attorney who can help you consider your options.
- Heatwaves and Motor Vehicle Accidents: Extremely Hot Weather is Associated with an Increased Risk of a Car Crash
- How Installing a Car Seat Improperly Can Lead to Injury
- Phoenix Injury Lawyer’s Advice on Filing a Car Accident Report
- Everything You’ve Ever Wondered About Parking Lot Car Accidents
- Avoiding Phoenix Car Accidents By Turning Your Cell Phone Off