We know that when you’ve been injured in an accident, it can be difficult to take legal action quickly. After an accident, you might just want everything to be over and done with, so you consider settling with insurance companies without hiring an attorney.
Take it from us, don’t accept that check from the insurance company just yet!
Below are our top five reasons that you should hire an attorney without delay:
- Your injury may be more serious than you think. If you settle with the insurance company right after your accident, you are only getting compensated for the injury you have at that time. Your injury could worsen, requiring further medical procedures or therapy, and the insurance company will not compensate you beyond that initial check. Hiring an attorney from the get-go could get you the amount you’ll need to cover present and future medical costs.
- Consultation is free. We don’t charge anyone for legal advice. You can get guidance on your next steps without a fee, so you can feel free to simply call us and tell your story.
- Memories fade. As time passes, you may forget some of the details of the accident, so it’s best to get your legal advice and hire an attorney as soon as possible. You don’t want to leave out important facts about the accident and get less compensation because of it.
- We work on contingency. Reluctance to hire an attorney can often be associated with financial worries. When you hire us to take on your case, remember that you don’t owe us anything unless you win and are compensated. We also do not charge a down payment to start on your case.
- Once a mistake is made, it can’t be undone. Managing your injury case on your own is difficult, especially if you have no experience. Without an experienced attorney on your side, it’s easy to make mistakes that could damage the cause or value of your case. To avoid mistakes, it’s best to hire an attorney from day one.
To find out more about why you shouldn’t wait to hire an attorney, check out our Zanes Law Podcast. On our fifth episode, “Do I Need an Attorney NOW or Can I Wait?”, Doug Zanes draws from his experience to provide valuable advice.