A motorcycle accident can result in life-altering injuries, emotional trauma, and financial hardship. If someone else caused the crash that injured you or a loved one, you may be entitled to compensation. However, obtaining a fair settlement can be challenging. That’s where a Marana motorcycle accident lawyer comes in.
At Zanes Law, our Marana personal injury lawyers have helped numerous clients in your situation, and our team is ready to put our experience to use in your case. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensation and have a 99% success rate. Learn how we can assist you by calling now or completing the online contact form.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents often result in severe injuries due to the vulnerability of riders. Here are the most common ones:
- Road rash: This term refers to abrasions from skidding on the road and can range from superficial scrapes to deep wounds.
- Broken bones: Fractures and breaks to the arms, legs, collarbone, hips, and ribs are common and often require surgery and physical therapy.
- Head trauma: Even with helmets, riders can suffer traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), concussions, and skull fractures.
- Spinal cord injuries: Damage to the spinal cord could result in devastating paralysis and loss of sensation, requiring ongoing medical care and rehabilitation.
- Internal injuries: The force of impact can cause organ damage or bleeding, necessitating prompt medical evaluation.
- Burns: Contact with hot engine parts can lead to severe burns with permanent scarring.
- Limb amputations: Crush injuries may lead to amputations, profoundly affecting a person’s life.
Our experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Marana is here to help you pursue a fair settlement or court award for the injuries you or your loved one sustained.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Marana, call 866-499-8989
The At-Fault Party’s Insurance Company Is Not on Your Side
While the at-fault party’s insurance adjusters might appear friendly and empathetic, their primary objective is to protect their company’s interests by minimizing your payout. Insurance companies often employ various strategies to reduce or even deny your claim.
For instance, they may present a quick settlement offer, hoping you’ll accept it before fully understanding the extent of your injuries and damages. They might also attempt to shift blame onto you by claiming that you share responsibility for the accident.
Hiring a qualified attorney can help safeguard your rights so you receive a fair settlement or court award.
Proving Negligence With the Help of a Marana Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
In order to recover compensation in a motorcycle accident case, your attorney must show that the other party’s negligence caused your injuries and losses.
This requires demonstrating the following four elements:
- Duty of care: The responsible party had a duty to exercise reasonable care to prevent harm to others on the road. This duty of care is a fundamental obligation.
- Breach of duty: Your attorney must show that the responsible party breached their duty of care, meaning they failed to act reasonably or safely under the circumstances.
- Causation: It’s essential to establish a direct link between the breach of duty and the accident. The other party’s breach must have directly caused or substantially contributed to the accident.
- Resulting damages: Finally, you must prove that the accident resulted in damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, or property damage.
By successfully demonstrating these elements, your Marana motorcycle accident attorney can build a strong case on your behalf.
Marana Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
Potential Compensation After a Marana Motorcycle Crash
After a motorcycle accident in Arizona, you may be eligible for various types of compensation to help you recover from your losses.
These can include:
- Medical expenses: This includes past and future medical bills, including hospitalization, surgeries, medications, therapy, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages: You could also seek damages for income you couldn’t earn due to the accident, including future earning capacity if you can’t return to work.
- Pain and suffering: This category addresses the physical and emotional distress resulting from the accident, such as chronic pain, anxiety, and depression.
- Scarring and disfigurement: You could also recover compensation for permanent physical scars or disfigurement caused by the crash.
- Mental anguish: This refers to the psychological trauma due to the accident, including issues like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety.
- Property damage: Damage to your bike and other personal property is another loss to include in your claim or lawsuit.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: This attempts to compensate you for your diminished quality of life and the inability to enjoy activities you once loved.
- Wrongful death: In fatal motorcycle accidents, surviving family members may be eligible for wrongful death compensation to cover funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and emotional suffering.
- Punitive damages: In extreme cases of negligence or recklessness, the court may award punitive damages to punish the at-fault party.
To determine the potential compensation in your specific case, consult with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer who can assess your situation and advocate for your rights.
Arizona’s Time Limit for Filing a Motorcycle Injury Claim
In Arizona, the clock starts ticking the moment you are injured in a motorcycle accident. According to A.R.S. § 12-542, the state’s statute of limitations for personal injury claims, you generally have a two-year window to file your lawsuit.
Barring unique circumstances, failing to meet this deadline could mean forfeiting your right to pursue compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries.
When you hire an attorney from Zanes Law, we’ll ensure your claim is filed well before the two-year limit, allowing us to initiate the crucial processes of evidence collection and negotiation with insurance adjusters on your behalf.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Personal Injury Law Firm for a Free Consultation
At Zanes Law, we recognize the unique challenges faced by motorcycle accident victims and are dedicated to helping you obtain the compensation you rightfully deserve. If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident, don’t wait to take action. The sooner you reach out to us, the sooner our Marana motorcycle accident lawyer can start building your case.
During your initial consultation with us, we will discuss the specifics of your accident and provide a comprehensive overview of your legal options. Don’t let an insurance company take advantage of you! Please refrain from accepting any settlement offers without first consulting with a member of our Marana personal injury team.
Contact us now for a free case evaluation.