Listen to Tucson Injury Lawyer Doug Zanes on the Radio!
- Doug Zanes
- October 2, 2014
Doug was recently interviewed by Ben Buehler-Garcia on The Daily Male, a talk show broadcasted over Tucson’s 104.1 KQTH. Doug and Ben discussed important topics like Arizona car insurance minimums, car accident statistics, what to do at the scene of an accident and ways accidents can be avoided.
Ben and Doug also talked about Doug’s recently released, award-winning book, Winning Your Personal Injury Case, available to download here.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
Why does Doug love practicing law?
Doug shared some of his background, including how he grew up in Douglas, attended ASU and went to law school in Texas. He started his career at the public defender’s office in Tucson over 17 years ago, met his wife, raised his family and has never looked back. He simply loves practicing law because he loves to help people.
Accidents are called accidents for a reason, not “on-purposes.”
However, there are ways accidents can be avoided:
- Never drive impaired.
- Try not to drive during “vampire hours” (midnight to 3 a.m.) because this is when people who are impaired are most likely to be driving.
- Don’t speed.
- Avoid congestion.
- Keep your eyes on the road…this means NO TEXTING! Truly, it can wait.
Make sure all of your bases are covered at the scene of an accident.
Try to be as prepared as possible, since accidents are bound to occur in life. In the interview, Ben suggested having a “cheat sheet” in case something happens, so you can act fast even if you are shaken or adrenalized. Always remember to:
- Immediately call 911 if the accident is severe and/or people are badly injured.
- Document the accident the best you can…safely. Try to take pictures of everything if possible, but make sure you are staying out of traffic or away from danger.
- Get as much information as you can from other drivers AND witnesses. This means addresses, phone numbers, driver’s license numbers, etc.
These are just a few of the points Doug discussed with Ben during The Daily Male. To hear the whole interview and to get even more in-depth information click here.
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Free eBook: Winning Your Personal Injury Case
- Family Learns Of Bus Accident When Another Child Carries Their Child Into The Home, Bus Driver Refused To Help
- Opioid Ruling: Interpretation and Analysis
- Study: Nearly half of drivers do not use blinker while driving
- Woman Pierces Eye With Metal Drinking Straw In Accident, Dies