Driving while texting, or distracted driving, has easily become one of the most dangerous causes of car accidents. Between answering a phone call or sending a message to a friend, changing music selection from a phone, or viewing notifications, texting while driving can result in various charges by law enforcement officers.
Following a significant accident, it’s important to act accordingly, gather all the information you can, and seek out the help of an experienced lawyer if you have questions and need answers. You can find a qualified texting while driving accident attorney in Tucson at Zanes Law.
You Were Involved in a Texting While Driving Accident—Now What?
Various steps should be taken following a car accident. Once everything settles down, you need to start moving forward if you wish to seek compensation. You should do a few things after an accident, which include:
- Seeking proper medical treatment: Of course, this should go without saying, but seeking the needed medical treatment for any injuries sustained in a car accident is most important. Remember to keep files of all the bills incurred.
- Finding a quality personal injury lawyer: This is an essential step in the claims process because of all the benefits a lawyer can bring to your case.
- Determining liability for the accident: This will need to be done first before gathering information about the accident. You and your lawyer can work together to come to the reason for your accident and determine fault for all injuries and damages caused.
- Gathering the needed documents: You and your lawyer will need to get a copy of the police report, contact witnesses, and find all the proof possible.
- Speaking to the insurance companies: Insurance companies will do everything they can to make sure you don’t prove successful in your case. Having a lawyer to speak to the insurance companies will ensure you get the most money for losses you can.
- Settle your case: If your texting while driving accident lawyer in Tucson manages to get you the money you are satisfied with, you can settle your case and receive compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a texting while driving accidents lawyer serving Tucson, call 866-499-8989
Determining Liability in an Accident That Involves Texting While Driving
Maybe the most crucial component of your case will be determining the fault of an accident. In most cases, the police officer that responds to the accident will file their report, and pin fault on the driver most liable. Then, the insurance company will take this information, and conduct their own case into who was liable for the accident.
However, Arizona follows a “pure comparative fault” rule. This ultimately means that the courts can find both parties to share the blame. So, the state will calculate compensation based on the evidence you collect.
Tucson Texting While Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
What Are the Laws in Arizona Against Texting and Driving?
Overall, countless states have taken the needed steps to prevent texting while driving and other restrictions that drivers can fall victim to. In Arizona, it’s considered against the law to talk on a phone or text on a cell phone while driving. In addition to banning cell phone use while driving, you aren’t allowed to use tablet devices or gaming devices unless they are in hands-free mode.
Under this law, various actions are also prohibited, which include:
- Holding or having a gaming device, tablet, or cell phone on any part of your body
- Sending, writing, or reading messages through any given device
- Watching videos or recording videos while driving
- Checking social media notifications or scrolling through social media
What Types of Compensation Could You Receive in a Texting and Driving Claim?
If you have suffered damages from a distracted driving accident, you may be entitled to various forms of compensation. Some financial awards you could receive include:
- Total vehicle replacement or vehicle repairs
- Medical expenses for any injuries caused by the accident
- The loss of income due to the injuries sustained, time off work, and ongoing doctors appointments
- Other costs related to the accident
Your Tucson texting while driving accident attorney can calculate damages related to your case to determine a fair settlement value.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Collisions Caused by Distracted Drivers
Various types of collisions can happen while on the road, but the most common accidents associated with texting and driving include:
- Rear-end collisions: This type of accident occurs when one vehicle crashes into the rear of another car. Rear-end collisions can be severe or minor, depending on the speed of the vehicles and other road conditions. Typical injuries stemming from this type of accident can be whiplash, head injuries, spinal injuries, or injuries to the face.
- T-bone accidents: A T-bone accident is caused when one vehicle hits another vehicle on its side, forming the letter T. If a driver does not yield to street signs or run red lights, a T-bone accident could occur. The injuries you will see coming from this type of accident include injuries to the head, neck, shoulder, abdominal region, or lower body.
- Head-on collisions: Easily the most severe accident that can occur due to texting and driving is a head-on collision. This type of accident happens when two vehicles that are heading in opposite directions collide head-on. If a driver veers into oncoming traffic due to a distraction, this type of collision is caused and results in extremely serious injuries.
How Can Experienced Car Accident Attorneys Help?
In order to receive the compensation you seek, you will need to prove the other driver did, in fact, become distracted while driving. In some cases, finding the necessary evidence to file a claim can be extremely difficult. You need to:
- Collect evidence from the scene of the accident
- Get a copy of the police report
- Compile all medical records stemming from the accident
- Determine vehicle damage estimates
- Gather eyewitness testimony
- Speak with both insurance companies
A texting while driving accident attorney in Tucson from our team will have the exact training needed to determine fault and prove negligence against the other driver so that your claim can move forward. Completing the required tasks is much easier with the help of our professionals.
Speak to Our Skilled Car Accident Attorneys Today
If you have been involved in a texting and driving accident and have sustained injuries, you may be able to claim compensation. Our Tucson texting while driving accident attorneys at Zanes Law Injury Lawyers strives to assist those who suffer injuries in Arizona due to car accidents.
We know how stressful and damaging a car accident can be and don’t want you to deal with the situation independently. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.