Have you been injured due to a property owner’s negligence? Tripping on an unmarked hazard or falling due to property defects may qualify you for a settlement. Our commercial property accident attorneys in Phoenix at Zanes Law are eager to help you recover damages for your injuries.
Premises liability law can be daunting. Usually, victims must submit proof of dangerous conditions and negligence on behalf of the property. Our clients are set up with medical treatment while we thoroughly investigate and seek full compensation for their suffering.
5 Steps to Take After Being Injured on a Commercial Property
While accidents are a part of the risk of running a business, every store has a duty to provide a safe experience for its occupants. If injured on business property, here are some steps to take in order to solidify your personal injury claim:
Seek Medical Attention
If you fell and are seriously injured, stay where you are and call for help. Otherwise, injuries like bruises, headaches, or disorientation should be documented through a medical exam. Even if you are not showing immediate signs of injury or pain, go visit the doctor.
Document the Scene and Collect Evidence
Immediately after a fall, gather evidence of the unsafe conditions. Take pictures of anything that contributed to your fall along with proof of surveillance. Your attorney may be able to request this during the investigation.
Get Witness Statements
Witnesses are a crucial part of strengthening your claim. They can provide additional information based on an outsider’s perspective and confirm your story. Take their statement and contact information for your attorney to use while pursuing a lawsuit.
File a Report With the Business Owner
If the business owner is not present, file a report with an employee. Notify the business of your accident thoroughly. However, don’t admit fault or discuss your injuries. Notate who you spoke to and what was said in detail.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer to Represent You
Premises liability is complex. Instead of going toe to toe with the business and insurance yourself, contact a lawyer that can mitigate your stress and take on your case. A legal team can investigate properly and is experienced with navigating through legal technicalities quickly.
For a free legal consultation with a commercial property accidents lawyer serving Phoenix, call 866-499-8989
Common Commercial Property Accident Injuries
Premises liability accidents are common and can happen anywhere. Regardless of how or where it happened, it can cause minor to severe traumatic injuries. As commercial property accident lawyers in Phoenix, we see these most common injuries from slip and fall and premises liability accidents, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries: Commonly diagnosed as a concussion, this tends to happen when the victim’s head strikes the ground. Symptoms of this injury are confusion, fogginess, nausea, and hearing constant ringing.
- Broken bones: The Center for Disease Control (CDC) reports that one in five falls results in a serious injury like a broken bone. For most slip and fall accidents, the leg, hip, ankle, tailbone, and arm are common areas for broken bone injuries.
- Soft tissue injuries: In bracing the body during a fall, trauma can occur to the ligaments and tendons. Injuries to the soft tissue may require ice and elevation while some torn ligaments require surgery to fix.
- Neck and back injuries: Neck injuries can vary from whiplash to spinal cord damage to ligaments in the neck. It may take a few days for the damaged muscles to cause discomfort but symptoms are a limited range of motion, headaches, and sleeping issues.
- Sever cuts: Landing on the debris of broken glass or other dangerous objects may result in lacerations. These injuries sometimes require stitches and are at risk of permanent scarring or nerve damage.
Phoenix Commercial Property Accident Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
Who Is Liable for a Commercial Property Accident in Arizona?
Business owners have a legal obligation to protect those invited to their property from injury and foreseeable danger. The grounds must be well kept and constructed in a way that reduces the chance of injury, such as hazardous conditions displaying proper signage. Liable conditions are:
- Wet or slippery floors
- Cluttered walkways
- Electrical cords
- Poorly maintained carpet or flooring
- Ramps or stairs
- Areas that need fixing but lack warning signs or dividers from the affected area
Even if fault is obvious, liability for a slip and fall on commercial property can be nuanced. Hiring an experienced attorney to collect evidence, send documentation, and argue injuries on your behalf will save you stress and time.
Our Past Slip and Fall Settlement Amounts
Accidents on commercial properties in Phoenix can lead to a larger settlement depending on injury type, lost wages, and medical bills. Settlements can vary but on average, Arizona awards $30,000 to $50,000 for slip and fall accidents. Our case results include:
- $700,000: The client tripped over an improperly maintained bathroom doorstop, sustaining herniated disk and back injuries
- $225,000: The client was staying at a hotel and slipped and fell in the bathtub due to a poorly maintained structure. He injured his back and needed hip surgery. After denying responsibility and the client’s claim, we sued and resolved his case outside of trial for $225,000.
- $215,000: The client tripped on an inadequately taped piece of carpet while entering a retail store and fell. The client sustained soft-tissue injuries that required multiple neck surgeries.
- $150,000: The client slipped and fell on spilled liquid soap at a grocery store. She had both leg and knee pain and needed ankle surgery. Insurance initially blamed her fro the fall and offered $7,500 to settle her claim. We sued the grocery store and obtained a $150,000 settlement.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Long does It Take to Receive a Settlement?
Simply put, each case varies. The settlement process for a slip and fall or other premises liability case has many moving parts, so our firm handles aspects of your case as strategically as possible. Primarily, we set up medical care and ensure all claims are opened accordingly with insurance.
Our legal team then sends a demand letter to the insurance of the person at fault. We fight to resolve your case through negotiations or by moving forward with a lawsuit. Most cases are settled within six months but can take up to two years.
Phoenix Premises Liability Accident Client Reviews
Our team of Phoenix commercial property accident attorneys takes pride in fighting hard for our clients while also treating them like family. Our reviews are indicative of this firm’s professionalism, expertise, and dedication in handling every aspect of your case.
I hired Zanes law when the other parties insurance company decided to play games and ignore my claim. They accused me of lying about being injured. Zanes Law took over and successfully settled my case. I was completely happy with the result.
Zanes Law provides great experiences for its clients. The staff is very professional and sensitive when dealing with personal injury cases. The clients are kept up to date with the status of the case. It is nice to know there is no fees unless Zanes Law wins the case. I would recommend this personal injury law firm to anyone with a case!
My team was great! They answered all my questions and always made sure I was taking care of my health. Thank you guys for all you did for me.
Hire Our Highly-Rated Commercial Property Accident Lawyers in Phoenix
We’ve won over $140,000,000 in settlements at Zanes Law Injury Lawyers. Our consultation is free, and we only charge a fee if we win your case. Contact us if you need representation for your premises liability claim. Our Phoenix commercial property accident lawyers are here to guide you from A to Z through your claim.