Semi Runs Red Light On I-270, Kills Driver
- Doug Zanes
- August 5, 2019 Truck Accidents
A long-haul truck driver was recently indicted on charges of vehicular homicide after a fatal crash in Hilliard, Ohio that happened earlier this year in Ohio.
NBC4i.com recently reported on its website the fatal a crash that happened on March 27th just before 3:30 p.m. when a semi driven by Bakhadir Kuzikov, of Dayton, ran a red light at the intersection of I-270 freeway and Cemetery Road.
Police dashcam video captured the moments when the blue Volvo 18-wheeler crashed into a white Ford pickup truck. The pickup, occupied by Sarah Popovich, 36, who was driving and her grandmother, Charlotte Finck, 83, was stopped and waiting at the intersection when the semi blew through the light.
In a chain reaction, the Ford 500 pickup struck a 2011 Honda Odyssey mini-van which in turn struck a grey 2014 Hyundai Tucson. Both the Hyundai and the Honda were traveling on Cemetery Road at the time of the crash.
Both women in the Ford pickup truck were transported to Riverside Methodist Hospital. Finck later died as the result of injuries she sustained in the crash.
The driver of the semi, Kuzikov, was transported to Ohio State Wexner Medical Center. He was treated and released and not immediately charged while the crash remained under investigation.
According to documents filed on Monday with the Franklin County Clerk of Court indicate that Kuzikov has been indicted on the charge of aggravated vehicular homicide.
Related Blog Posts
07 Aug 2015
26 May 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Police Prepare To Implement Stay-At-Home Orders In Arizona
- A Passenger Suffering From Gunshot Wounds Was Involved In A Rollover Crash
- A Tanker Explodes Off Of Interstate 40, The Fire Lasting Into The Morning Hours
- Details About A Crash That Injured A Motorcyclist And Its Passenger Remain Unclear
- A Good Samaritan Was Injured In A Complex, Multi-Vehicle Accident