Garbage Truck Crash In Oro Valley Due To Red Light Running
- Doug Zanes
- August 8, 2019 Truck Accidents
Charges are pending against the driver of a garbage truck after a deadly crash that happened in Oro Valley on Monday morning.
Tucson.com reported on their website that at approximately 11:15 a.m. on Monday, August 5th, the garbage truck driver was heading eastbound on Tangerine Road when he ran a red light at the intersection with Innovation Park Drive.
Eyewitnesses to the crash say that the larger vehicle collided with a car that had been traveling northbound on Innovation Park Drive.
A spokesperson for the Oro Valley Police Department said that Margery Jones, 71, the driver of the passenger vehicle was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
One person, who was in the car with Jones as a passenger was also injured in the crash. They were taken to an area hospital for treatment and are currently listed in serious condition. No further details about the passenger have been released.
The driver of the garbage truck also suffered minor injuries and was taken to the hospital for treatment.
According to Oro Valley Police, eyewitnesses say that the garbage truck ran a red light at the intersection. The driver of the garbage truck told police that he thought he had a green light.
Investigators said that impairment does not appear to have played a role in the fatal accident.
Police say that charges are still pending against the truck driver.
Related Blog Posts
07 Aug 2015
26 May 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Cardiologist Is Moved To Tears At This Police Officer’s Heart-Warming Gesture
- A Pedestrian Was Struck And Killed By A Garbage Truck
- A Community Mourns The Loss Of A Police Officer Responding To A Domestic Violence Incident
- Students Hold A House Party Celebrating Graduation Amid The Corvid-19 Pandemic
- Three Children Are In Critical Condition After A Roll Over Crash