What Should I Do If a Loved One or I Was affected by Zantac?
If you or a loved one were affected by Zantac by later developing cancer or another serious medical condition, you should consider discussing your case with a legal representative to learn about your options. They will be able to answer your questions based on the specific details of your situation.
This may include:
- If you are eligible and how long you have to take legal action
- The strength of your case
- If there are other cases like yours already pending
- How to join the multidistrict litigation (MDL) 2924 already in progress under the United States Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation
- Whether your case is better suited to class-action status
- Other questions you may have about how you can seek financial recovery based on the facts of your case
You may also have the right to pursue wrongful death damages if an immediate family member passed away from health complications after using Zantac.
Discuss Your Treatment Options With Your Doctor
Zantac was recalled after the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) confirmed that this popular acid reducer contained high levels of N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), a chemical that has been linked to cancer. This means that anyone who took ranitidine or Zantac may be at a heightened risk of developing cancer or other health complications, according to Harvard Health Publishing.
Your health comes first. If you received a diagnosis of a serious condition relating to Zantac use, after making sure that you are getting the treatment you need, you should enlist the help of an attorney. They can focus on the legal side of things while you focus on your recovery.
Even if you do not have a diagnosis, you should consider discussing your Zantac use with your doctor. If you or a loved one were affected by Zantac, our legal team can help. This can allow your caregiver to closely monitor your condition for any adverse complications that may arise. Additionally, as you are moving forward with legal action, any documentation relating to your health condition can be used to establish a link between yourself and Zantac. Your legal team will likely be in touch with your doctor to learn more about how this medication affected your wellbeing.
Building a Zantac Case For Financial Recovery
If you believe you have a viable case, one of the first steps that you can take includes collecting relevant evidence regarding your situation.
Possible evidence in a Zantac case can include:
- Relevant medical records providing details of your Zantac use
- Test results and other documentation of your diagnosis, prognosis, and other details
- Medical bills, receipts from related expenses, proof of lost wages, and other documentation of your damages
Two of the most critical elements that you will need to prove in your Zantac case include:
- You used Zantac or another ranitidine medication; and
- You were diagnosed with a potentially related health condition
A crucial factor of your case will be showing that there is a nexus between your Zantac use and your diagnosis. By joining the ongoing MDL, it will be the responsibility of the attending legal professionals to prove this link. They will likely call in researchers, medical experts, and others to testify about this connection.
Because the pre-trial motions and discovery are done as a group with MDL, the evidence they present as a whole may apply to your case.
You May Be Able to File a Wrongful Death Claim
The MDL against Zantac extends to include claimants who are filing a wrongful death suit. Meaning, if you or a loved one were affected by Zantac, we can help. Immediate family members of the decedent are eligible to file on their behalf.
An attorney who handles dangerous and defective drug cases can review your case and help you understand your legal options. The rules for pursuing a wrongful death award vary from state to state, and so do the time limits on filing this type of claim. A legal professional can explain your eligibility and walk you through the process of partaking in this tort if you qualify.
Talk to a Zantac Lawsuit Attorney From Zanes Law
If you or a loved one were affected by Zantac, you may be able to file a lawsuit to hold the drug company liable. Zanes Law is here for you. We offer free consultations where it is most convenient for you, whether it be over the phone or in-person.
If we believe you have a strong case, we can file your lawsuit and take on your legal burdens. We may be able to help you join the Zantac MDL already underway, and you will not owe us anything until we reach a settlement in your case.
Call (866) 499-8989 today to learn more.
- Car Accidents Often Come With Unexpected Costs
- Free eBook: Winning Your Personal Injury Case
- Family Learns Of Bus Accident When Another Child Carries Their Child Into The Home, Bus Driver Refused To Help
- Opioid Ruling: Interpretation and Analysis
- Study: Nearly half of drivers do not use blinker while driving