When you are at the store or shopping online, you expect the products you purchase to work as expected. But, when a product fails to work correctly, causing damage to you and those around you, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit.
These lawsuits can be tricky, which is why it’s essential to see the assistance of a product liability attorney in Tucson. With experienced representation, you may be able to recover the damages you lost from defective products.
Common Types of Defective Products
A product is considered defective if consumers are put at risk by using it. With all the products out in the market today, the list of standard defective products is endless. Here are the most common ones:
- Injuries from car parts: This is a prevalent injury and can include injuries from airbags, faulty brakes, tires, or seatbelts. Injuries that occur from defective car parts can be fatal depending on the type of accident you are involved in.
- Appliances: With the number of appliances in the home, it’s common to get burns, water damage, or electrical injuries from them malfunctioning.
- Defective power tools: The tools we trust and use to fix our homes can sometimes result in severe injuries. On most occasions, it’s the fault of the product and not the user. Injuries that could occur from defective power tools include burns, cuts, loss of limbs, or even death.
- Illnesses from various products: For example, children’s toys are becoming more and more common for lead poisoning or for containing high phosphorus levels. If children are exposed to these types of products, they will become ill and can result in long-term disabilities or even death.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability lawyer serving Tucson, call 866-499-8989
Compensation Types a Tuscon Product Liability Attorney Can Recover
If you have a valid product liability case, you can recover various types of damages. Depending on the specifics of each case, you can claim:
- Economic damages: Some of these damages could include medical bills, loss of wages, any property damages, and rehabilitation services if applicable.
- Non-economic damages: Damages in this category include damages that have no set monetary value and are difficult at times to calculate. These could include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, or mental anguish.
- Punitive damages: These damages occur when the liable party is punished to deter more wrongdoing in the future. This will rarely happen, but the responsible party faces serious consequences when it does.
Generally, the statute of limitations for defective product cases in Arizona is two years from the date of the first injury. Of course, there are some exceptions to this, and it’s always best to file a case as soon as possible.
Tucson Product Liability Lawyer Near Me 866-499-8989
How Can a Product Liability Attorney in Tucson Assist You?
A claim revolving around defective products and product liability is time-consuming and tricky at times. When you hire a lawyer from our team, we will do all the hard work while you focus on what truly matters, which is your health and well-being.
When beginning a claim, there are steps you and your product liability lawyer in Tucson will follow. These steps are:
- Seek medical assistance: As soon as your injury occurs, you should always seek medical assistance. Even if you face minor injuries, you need to see a doctor or health care professional to get your injuries documented.
- Search for recalls on the defective product: You will need to extensively search for a recall on the product you have purchased. If you find one, you may be able to return the product, get a refund, or receive a new and not defective product.
- Determine negligence and liability: Gathering information and evidence to find fault and prove negligence will take time and the necessary resources. But, after this is done, your case can move forward based on the guidelines we will list below.
- Speak with insurance companies: When it comes to any claim, the insurance companies will need to be involved. And, as many know, insurance companies will always downplay the claim, injuries, and compensation amount. With a skilled lawyer, they will be able to negotiate with insurance companies and win you the best amount of compensation for your case.
How does a Product Liability Claim Work?
In cases such as these, there must be proof of the defectiveness of the product. Before beginning a claim, your lawyer will need to examine three things, which are:
- Was the product used as intended or misused in a very common way?
- Was the product highly dangerous or defective once being used?
- Were your injuries directly resulting from the product’s common misuse or defects?
Based on the answers to these questions, you must then determine liability. Multiple parties could be held liable for defective products, and the answers to the questions above will hold the correct party accountable.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Who Is Held Responsible for Defective Products?
Liability for these cases can be a bit complex, which is why a skilled Tucson product liability attorney will be beneficial. Our lawyers will find fault for your defective products throughout multiple parties. These parties could include:
- Product manufacturers
- A small parts manufacturer that the product contains
- The wholesaler or distributor of the product
- The assembly company or installation company
When your lawyer begins to find fault, they must prove negligence from one of the listed parties. Four separate elements of negligence must be evident. These four elements are:
- A specific duty of care: One of the parties listed owed you the basic level of care when their product is being utilized. In turn, you were owed the basic level of protection.
- A breach of duty of care: The party that failed to give you basic care by selling, distributing, or installing faulty products and equipment will have breached this duty of care.
- Causation: Due to this breach of duty from any party held liable, harm was caused to you from their product.
- Damages suffered: All the injuries and damages you suffered from the defective product wouldn’t have happened unless the liable party breached their duty of care. And, if this weren’t breached, no injuries would’ve been caused to you or those around you.
Reach Out to Our Skilled Product Liability Lawyers in Tucson
The first step in the right direction for all product liability cases is reaching out to product liability lawyers in Tucson. From here, it’s easy to seek the compensation you deserve. At Zanes Law, we will make sure to eliminate the stress from your life and deliver you successful results, no matter your case.
With our proven track record of successful personal injury cases, we are here to answer any of your questions or begin your case. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.