Tucson Car Accident Attorney’s Six Tips For The Busiest Travel Days Of the Year
- Casey Hamm
- December 21, 2017
- auto accidentAuto Accident TucsonPersonal InjuryTucson car accident lawyerWrongful Death
Tucson Car Accident Attorney’s Six Tips For Safe Holiday Driving
The AAA reports that traffic increased by 54 percent during Thanksgiving week in 2016, making these days some of the busiest travel days of the year. If you decide to hit the road during high-traffic days, consider these Tucson car accident attorney’s six tips for safe holiday driving.
Plan Your Route
Before you travel, plan your route and detour around busy roads and heavy traffic. Also, update your GPS, so you can improvise an alternative route if necessary.
Allow Extra Travel Time
Numerous vehicles on the roads and potential bad weather can increase your travel time. Build a cushion into your schedule, to avoid speeding and maintain safe driving.
Tune Your Car
Road safety starts with a tuned vehicle. Check the brakes, fill the fluids, inspect the tires and top off the gas tank as you prep your vehicle for safe holiday travel.
When you’re focused on the road, you’re more likely to spot potential hazards and remain safe. Turn off your cellphone and ask your passengers to keep the volume down as you limit distractions.
Avoid Aggressive Driving
Practice safe driving techniques as you limit accident risks.
- Don’t speed.
- Maintain a three-second following distance behind other vehicles.
- Use your turn signal.
- Focus on the road.
- Yield when possible.
Plan Pit Stops
The monotony of driving, lack of sleep and other factors can make you feel drowsy and cause you to experience impairment similar to legal intoxication reports the National Sleep Foundation. At least every two hours, stop for an ice water, short nap or a quick walk as you recharge and stay alert.
As a Tucson car accident attorney I know that these six safe driving tips can protect you on the road. However, accidents do happen. Contact Zanes Law at (866) 499-8989 if you suffer an injury and need professional assistance during busy travel days.
And please visit immigrationinformation.org if you need help with any immigration related issue.
- Heatwaves and Motor Vehicle Accidents: Extremely Hot Weather is Associated with an Increased Risk of a Car Crash
- How Installing a Car Seat Improperly Can Lead to Injury
- Phoenix Injury Lawyer’s Advice on Filing a Car Accident Report
- Everything You’ve Ever Wondered About Parking Lot Car Accidents
- Avoiding Phoenix Car Accidents By Turning Your Cell Phone Off