Can You Sue For Cancer Caused By Roundup Weed Killer?
- Zanes Law Web Team
- September 30, 2019
- Roundup Weed Killer
You can sue for cancer caused by Roundup weed killer. By extension, you can also sue herbicide manufacturer Monsanto, and parent company Bayer AG. In fact, thousands of people like you have already sued these corporations, and there is an ongoing mass tort. The plaintiffs in these cases used Roundup weed killer and later received a non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma diagnosis or lost a family member to this type of blood cancer.
You May Be Able to Join a Mass Tort Against Monsanto and Bayer AG
There are enough people who raised concerns about the link between Roundup weed killer and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and other cancers that the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation agreed to combine the lawsuits into a mass tort. Known as MDL 2741, the cases against Roundup, Monsanto, and Bayer AG are moving forward as multidistrict litigation (MDL).
Multidistrict litigation is one way the court system ensures a large number of similar cases move through the judicial process more smoothly. It prevents thousands of similar cases from clogging up courts for years. This is how MDLs work:
- The court groups all similar cases filed in federal court.
- It handles discovery and pre-trial motions like a single case.
- It chooses several individual cases that are representative of a typical case to serve as a bellwether case.
- The court proceeds through the bellwether trials.
- The outcomes of these trials give everyone involved a good idea of how other juries might react.
- Each individual case returns to its original jurisdiction for trial, if no settlement occurs first.
As of September 2019, MDL 2741 is still underway. The bellwether trials and other trials in state courts are giving other plaintiffs with the intent to sue for cancer caused by Roundup weed killer reasons to be optimistic. According to the Guardian, juries are not only awarding them payouts, but they are confirming a link between the herbicide and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
Many People Like You May Qualify to File a Roundup Weed Killer Lawsuit
In general, those who pursue Roundup weed killer cancer lawsuits fall into one of three categories:
- They previously had non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and believe it occurred because of glyphosate herbicide exposure; or
- They have a current diagnosis of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma or another cancer and believe it is linked to Roundup weed killer; or
- A member of their immediate family had non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma possibly linked to weed killer exposure but have now passed away.
While some of the plaintiffs in these cases used a glyphosate herbicide on their own lawn, most had exposure much higher than the average person. This may include:
- Lawn workers
- Other agricultural workers
- Those who produced the products
If your occupation requires you to use glyphosate herbicides regularly or in large quantities, you may have a strong case against Roundup, its manufacturer, and their parent company. Do not hesitate to call Zanes Law at (866) 499-8989. We can help you understand your rights and your legal options, and file suit for cancer caused by Roundup weed killer on your behalf.
Zanes Law Can Help You Understand Your Legal Options
If you regularly used Roundup and later received a diagnosis of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, you are not alone. Thousands of other people have experienced the same thing and are now taking legal action. The first step in joining them is to reach out to our team today by calling (866) 499-8989.
We can evaluate the strength of your case at no charge. Once we have a better understanding of your case, we can explain your rights and legal options, as well as explaining how we can go to work for you.
We handle all Roundup weed killer cases on a contingency fee basis. You will not pay us any attorney’s fees out of pocket. We only collect fees when you receive a settlement or court award in your case.
Talk to a Member of Our Team Today About Your Case
If you want to sue for cancer caused by Roundup weed killer, call to speak to someone from the Zanes Law team about your case. Your free consultation and sign-up can all be done in one call, or we can meet with you in your home or hospital room to learn more about your case. Call (866) 499-8989 now to get started.
Get Your Free Case Evaluation