Two Pedestrians Struck, One Dead, At Indian School Road
- Casey Hamm
- September 4, 2019 Pedestrian Accidents
It doesn’t matter what mode of transportation you choose to get where you are going; an accident can happen anywhere and at any time. Whether you are driving, riding a bike or walking, the unexpected can happen and leave someone seriously hurt or worse. The Phoenix Police Department is currently investigating a crash that occurred on Indian School Road on Tuesday, September 3rd. The accident has left one person dead and another critically injured.
ABC 15 in Phoenix reported on their website that the accident happened at approximately 9:15 p.m. when two pedestrians were attempting to cross the intersection of Indian School Road and 16th Street when they were struck by a vehicle.
Phoenix Police Department spokesperson, Sgt. Tommy Thompson told reporters that one of the pedestrians was pronounced dead at the scene while the second was rushed to an area hospital for treatment of life-threatening injuries. They are currently listed in extremely critical condition.
The identities of the victims in the crash are being withheld at this time pending notification of family members.
As required by law, the driver of the vehicle that struck the two pedestrians remained at the scene of the fatal crash.
Traffic in the area was blocked off in all directions while police were investigating the scene of the crash.
Related Blog Posts
11 Mar 2015
25 Feb 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Police Chase The Driver A Stolen Car With A Child Inside. The Driver Is Still At Large.
- A Woman Is Pulled Over Without Overt Reason And Was Assaulted By A Police Officer
- The Hopi Community Mourns The Loss Of A Hoop Dancer
- A Chemical Leak At Amazon Warehouse Sparks A Fire
- Four Τeens Are Involved In Car Crash Into The Fence Of A Home