Two Ejected From Vehicle In Fatal Accident
- Doug Zanes
- March 1, 2019 Car Accidents
A Phoenix family is mourning the loss of two members of their family. One brother lost his life in a rollover crash while the other brother is facing time in prison for his role in the accident.
The Arizona Family website reported about the fatal crash which happened on the Stack which is the southbound I-17 to westbound I-10 interchange on February 17th at approximately 12:30 a.m. when a vehicle carrying 3 people crashed.
Phoenix Police say two of the three people inside were ejected from the vehicle. One of them Marcellos Matthews, 21, the brother of the driver, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash. The other passenger in the vehicle suffered only minor injuries. Their name has not been released by authorities.
Investigators later determined that the driver, Marquese Matthews, 23, was found to have a blood alcohol level of 0.12, which is higher than the 0.08 legal limit for driving.
Police arrested the older brother of the deceased and have charged him with first-degree murder, aggravated assault, and endangerment. He is being held on a $75,000 cash bond.
The Matthews family recently held a vigil to honor the memory of Marcellos Matthews and to mourn the loss of their elder brother to the tragedy. They believe that the crash was an accident and say that they forgive him for what happened.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
26 Feb 2019
29 Oct 2019
Related Blog Posts
18 Feb 2015
16 Sep 2016
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Accidents in Phoenix, Arizona Decreased By 75% Since The Onset Of The COVID-19 Pandemic
- A Cardiologist Is Moved To Tears At This Police Officer’s Heart-Warming Gesture
- A Pedestrian Was Struck And Killed By A Garbage Truck
- A Community Mourns The Loss Of A Police Officer Responding To A Domestic Violence Incident
- Students Hold A House Party Celebrating Graduation Amid The Corvid-19 Pandemic