Two Collisions Leave Those Involved With Serious Injuries
- Doug Zanes
- February 7, 2020 Car Accidents
A four-vehicle crash near the intersection of 48th Street and Southern Avenue in Phoenix earlier this week has left one person critically injured.
According to AZ Central, the crash happened on Wednesday, February 5th, at approximately 4:30 P.M. when the driver of a vehicle was attempting to make a left turn from the parking lot of a business. It collided with a vehicle traveling eastbound on Eastern Avenue.
Sgt. Mercedes Fortune with the Phoenix Police Department told reporters in a statement that one of the two vehicles involved in the initial crash collided with two additional vehicles traveling westbound on Eastern Avenue, causing a secondary collision.
Phoenix Fire Department paramedics arrived on the scene to treat those who were injured in the four-car accident. One man was reported to have suffered critical injuries in the crash and was taken to an area hospital for treatment. According to a spokesperson from the Phoenix Fire Department, he was listed in critical condition.
Phoenix Police Department officials did not release the man’s identity at the time of the report.
In a statement, authorities say that all others who were injured in the accident suffered serious, but non-life-threatening injuries.
So far, police investigators do not believe that impairment played any role in the crash.
The accident is still currently under investigation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
29 Oct 2019
26 Jul 2019
Related Blog Posts
17 Mar 2017
30 Nov 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Ford Recalls Vehicles Due To Defects In Suspension System
- Dozens Of Police Cars Engage In A High-Speed Chase. The Suspect Was Arrested.
- Six-Vehicle Crash Causes South Mountain Freeway Closure
- City Of Phoenix Officials Plan To Install Red-Light Cameras At City’s Most Dangerous Intersections
- Driver Of Self-Driving Minivan Hospitalized For Non-Life-Threatening Injuries After A Crash