Sheriff’s Cruiser Involved In Deadly Head-On Crash
- Doug Zanes
- October 23, 2019 Car Accidents
A head-on collision near Phoenix involving a vehicle and a Maricopa County Sheriff’s cruiser has left one person dead and three others injured.
The AZ Family reported on its website that on the afternoon of Monday, October 21st, a white sedan heading toward Phoenix crossed the center lane on Baseline Road near 756th Avenue into the path of a Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputy who was traveling in the opposite direction.
A representative from the Gila River Police Department said in a statement that there were three people in the car collided with the deputy’s cruiser.
Emergency crews attempted to save the life of the driver of the sedan, but he later died at the scene of the crash. Authorities have declined to release their identity until family members have been notified.
The two other people in the car at the time were taken to an area hospital for treatment of injuries they sustained in the accident. Their identities have also not been released.
The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Deputy was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries and is expected to make a full recovery.
The accident is still under investigation by the Maricopa Sheriff’s Department, the Arizona Department of Public Safety and the Gila River Police Department.
No further information has been released at this time.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
22 Mar 2019
10 Dec 2019
Related Blog Posts
08 Mar 2016
02 May 2016
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Cardiologist Is Moved To Tears At This Police Officer’s Heart-Warming Gesture
- A Pedestrian Was Struck And Killed By A Garbage Truck
- A Community Mourns The Loss Of A Police Officer Responding To A Domestic Violence Incident
- Students Hold A House Party Celebrating Graduation Amid The Corvid-19 Pandemic
- Three Children Are In Critical Condition After A Roll Over Crash