Rollover Crash In Tucson Kills Two
- Doug Zanes
- January 21, 2020 Car Accidents
A rollover crash is possibly the most terrifying and severe type of accident that anyone can be involved in. When it happens, there is a complete loss of control. The resulting injuries are more often than not severe or even fatal, even when restrained. Items inside the vehicle can be thrown with enough force to cause harm, and restraints may not be enough to keep your head from hitting the roof and walls of the car in a rollover.
Such a crash unfolded earlier this month in northeast Tucson, leaving a woman and a teenage girl dead. Tucson.com reported on its website that the crash happened at approximately 6:00 p.m. on the evening of January 4th on Snyder Road just west of Houghton Road.
The Pima County Sheriff’s Department said in a statement that Paloma Gavino, 26 and Nalani Jerido, 13, were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash. The driver of the vehicle and two additional passengers were transported to an area hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Authorities have not released the identities of the survivors or their current condition.
Snyder Road remained closed while Pima County Sheriff’s deputies investigated the crash scene. The road was re-opened a few hours later.
The Pima County Sheriff’s Department is asking the public’s help for any additional information regarding the crash by calling them directly or by leaving an anonymous tip at 88-CRIME.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
10 Dec 2019
26 Feb 2019
Related Blog Posts
22 Aug 2016
06 Aug 2014
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Five-Year-Old Daughter Died When The Driver Fell Asleep At The Wheel
- Ford Recalls Vehicles Due To Defects In Suspension System
- Dozens Of Police Cars Engage In A High-Speed Chase. The Suspect Was Arrested.
- Six-Vehicle Crash Causes South Mountain Freeway Closure
- City Of Phoenix Officials Plan To Install Red-Light Cameras At City’s Most Dangerous Intersections