Road Rage Incident In Mesa Ends In Shooting, One In Critical Condition
- Doug Zanes
- January 28, 2020 Car Accidents
Motorists who act out in anger behind the wheel are unfortunately on the increase across Arizona and the rest of the United States. Some drivers, if they are angry enough, might even decide to take their frustrations to such a degree that someone ends up being either severely hurt or even killed.
According to a report filed by ABC 15 in Phoenix, that seems to have been what happened on the night of Sunday, January 25th, when a possible incident of road rage that happened on the streets of Mesa and ended in two women being shot.
Mesa Police told ABC that the incident happened near Country Club Drive and Rio Salado Parkway when the drivers of a white SUV and a tan sedan were both driving aggressively. Eyewitnesses say that someone inside the tan vehicle fired shots into the SUV.
A spokesperson for the police told reporters that one of the women inside the SUV suffered three gunshot wounds and is currently listed in critical condition. The second woman was also shot, suffering a gunshot wound in the leg. Her injuries are believed to be non-life-threatening.
The identities of the two women have not been released.
Police shut down the area surrounding the incident for a period of time to investigate the shooting. So far, police say that they have no outstanding suspects in the case. Anyone with any information regarding the incident is encouraged to contact the Mesa Police Department.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
20 Jan 2020
04 Mar 2019
Related Blog Posts
15 Jul 2015
16 Feb 2017
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Ford Recalls Vehicles Due To Defects In Suspension System
- Dozens Of Police Cars Engage In A High-Speed Chase. The Suspect Was Arrested.
- Six-Vehicle Crash Causes South Mountain Freeway Closure
- City Of Phoenix Officials Plan To Install Red-Light Cameras At City’s Most Dangerous Intersections
- Driver Of Self-Driving Minivan Hospitalized For Non-Life-Threatening Injuries After A Crash