Pedestrian Killed At Broadway Road And Central Avenue
- Doug Zanes
- January 17, 2020 Pedestrian Accidents
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recently issued a report that indicated Phoenix is the fourth most dangerous city in the U.S. for pedestrians and the number of pedestrian deaths is steadily increasing. Over the past five years, the number of pedestrian fatalities has increased by an estimated 88%.
With that in mind, the Phoenix Police Department is investigating a deadly crash that happened at an intersection that involved a pedestrian. Fox 10 in Phoenix reported the collision that happened on Thursday, January 16th at the intersection of Broadway Road and Central Avenue near a bus stop.
Police have not released the identity of the pedestrian that died pending notification of family members.
Phoenix Police investigators told Fox reporter Anita Roman that they believe that one or two pickup trucks may have struck the pedestrian, and killed them. Both drivers stayed at the scene and were in full cooperation with the police.
Authorities do not believe that alcohol played any role in the crash. The names of the drivers of the two pickup trucks have not yet been released. So far, no charges have been filed.
The area around the accident scene from Central Avenue and Third Street and Traffic was closed off. Morning commuters had to be re-routed while police investigated.
The crash is still currently under investigation.
Related Blog Posts
11 Mar 2015
25 Feb 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Beloved Member Of The Peoria Police Force Lost His Life In A Car Accident
- A Dangerous Roll Over Crash At An Intersection Leaves One Person Dead
- Two People Die In A Motorcycle Accident On Indian School Road
- Arizona Cardinals Rookie Wide Receiver Crashes Into Lake Erie
- Three GoPlus Strollers Are Being Recalled Due To Space Surrounding The Stroller Tray