Pedestrian Critical After Hit And Run Crash
- Doug Zanes
- June 13, 2019 Pedestrian Accidents
Getting from one place to another always comes with some risks. Even when walking, an accident can happen and leave someone seriously hurt just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
ABC 15 reports that a pedestrian was struck by a car and left in extremely critical condition on Tuesday night, June 13th in Phoenix.
Phoenix Police said in a statement issued to the media that a 72-year-old man was crossing the street at the intersection of Pima Street and 7th Avenue when he was struck by a female driver behind the wheel of a 1996 Toyota Tacoma pickup truck that was traveling southbound on 7th Avenue.
Eyewitnesses at the scene said that the woman stopped her vehicle after hitting the man, but then got back into her vehicle and fled the scene, traveling westbound on Pima Street. Police later recovered the vehicle that had been abandoned near 9th Avenue and Buckeye Road.
The pedestrian was rushed to an area hospital for treatment. The man reportedly has suffered significant injuries in the hit-and-run incident and is currently listed in extremely critical condition. Police have declined to release his identity at this time.
Police were able to get into contact the registered owner of the pickup truck who claimed that they had loaned the vehicle to a friend.
The Phoenix Police Department is asking anyone with any information to contact them or to use their anonymous tip line at 480-WITNESS.
Related Blog Posts
11 Mar 2015
25 Feb 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Police Prepare To Implement Stay-At-Home Orders In Arizona
- A Passenger Suffering From Gunshot Wounds Was Involved In A Rollover Crash
- A Tanker Explodes Off Of Interstate 40, The Fire Lasting Into The Morning Hours
- Details About A Crash That Injured A Motorcyclist And Its Passenger Remain Unclear
- A Good Samaritan Was Injured In A Complex, Multi-Vehicle Accident