One Dead, One Injured In Scottsdale Crash
- Doug Zanes
- October 9, 2019 Car Accidents
A two-vehicle crash in Scottsdale has ended with one person dead and another person injured on Sunday.
According to the Scottsdale Independent, the crash happened on the morning of Sunday, October 6th at approximately 7:24 a.m. when Scottsdale Police was called to the scene of a two-vehicle accident at the intersection of Hayden Road and McDowall Road.
Investigators with the Scottsdale Police Department said in a statement that a 2008 Toyo Scion was traveling eastbound and entered the intersection while traveling at a high rate of speed, failing to stop at the red light.
When it entered the intersection, the Toyota collided with a second, southbound vehicle that had the right of way. Emergency crews arrived at the scene of the accident, and the drivers of both vehicles were transported to an area hospital for treatment.
Authorities say that the driver of the Scion was pronounced deceased as the result of injuries he sustained in the collision. He has been identified as Cameron Steck, 22, of Mesa, Arizona.
Officials have not yet released the identity of the second driver, who was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
No other people were injured in the crash.
It has not yet been determined whether drugs or alcohol may have played a role in the incident. The accident is still currently under investigation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
26 Feb 2019
29 Oct 2019
Related Blog Posts
29 Jul 2015
02 Jun 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Cardiologist Is Moved To Tears At This Police Officer’s Heart-Warming Gesture
- A Pedestrian Was Struck And Killed By A Garbage Truck
- A Community Mourns The Loss Of A Police Officer Responding To A Domestic Violence Incident
- Students Hold A House Party Celebrating Graduation Amid The Corvid-19 Pandemic
- Three Children Are In Critical Condition After A Roll Over Crash