One Dead, One Injured In Scottsdale Crash
- Doug Zanes
- October 9, 2019 Car Accidents
A two-vehicle crash in Scottsdale has ended with one person dead and another person injured on Sunday.
According to the Scottsdale Independent, the crash happened on the morning of Sunday, October 6th at approximately 7:24 a.m. when Scottsdale Police was called to the scene of a two-vehicle accident at the intersection of Hayden Road and McDowall Road.
Investigators with the Scottsdale Police Department said in a statement that a 2008 Toyo Scion was traveling eastbound and entered the intersection while traveling at a high rate of speed, failing to stop at the red light.
When it entered the intersection, the Toyota collided with a second, southbound vehicle that had the right of way. Emergency crews arrived at the scene of the accident, and the drivers of both vehicles were transported to an area hospital for treatment.
Authorities say that the driver of the Scion was pronounced deceased as the result of injuries he sustained in the collision. He has been identified as Cameron Steck, 22, of Mesa, Arizona.
Officials have not yet released the identity of the second driver, who was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
No other people were injured in the crash.
It has not yet been determined whether drugs or alcohol may have played a role in the incident. The accident is still currently under investigation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
07 Jan 2019
07 Jan 2019
Related Blog Posts
18 Feb 2015
18 May 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Beloved Member Of The Peoria Police Force Lost His Life In A Car Accident
- A Dangerous Roll Over Crash At An Intersection Leaves One Person Dead
- Two People Die In A Motorcycle Accident On Indian School Road
- Arizona Cardinals Rookie Wide Receiver Crashes Into Lake Erie
- Three GoPlus Strollers Are Being Recalled Due To Space Surrounding The Stroller Tray