Multi-Vehicle Crash Involving 3 Cars Leaves Life Threatening Injuries
- Doug Zanes
- March 18, 2019 Car Accidents
In a story reported by KGUN9 in Tucson, an accident which happened on February 2nd on Craycroft Road involved three vehicles shut down the road while emergency crews were on the scene.
The cause of a multi-vehicle crash on Craycroft Road in Tucson that resulted in serious injuries back in February may have been alcohol-related.
Tucson Police Department spokesman, Sgt. Pete Dugan said in a statement that the accident happened at approximately 4:00 p.m. in the northbound lanes of Craycroft Road at Waverly Street when a motorist was traveling southbound lost control of their vehicle and crashed into a northbound vehicle. A third vehicle, which was also traveling northbound, was hit in a chain-reaction crash. The southbound driver, a woman, was taken to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries. Also injured in the crash was the driver of the second vehicle. They were transported to the hospital and treated for minor injuries.
Sgt. Dugan said that an investigation for the crash being caused by possible DUI impairment has been opened. Police are also looking into a possible connection to the driver and a hit and run accident from earlier the same day.
The intersection was closed for a number of hours. No further information has been released regarding the crash.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
07 Jan 2019
07 Jan 2019
Related Blog Posts
18 Feb 2015
18 May 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Beloved Member Of The Peoria Police Force Lost His Life In A Car Accident
- A Dangerous Roll Over Crash At An Intersection Leaves One Person Dead
- Two People Die In A Motorcycle Accident On Indian School Road
- Arizona Cardinals Rookie Wide Receiver Crashes Into Lake Erie
- Three GoPlus Strollers Are Being Recalled Due To Space Surrounding The Stroller Tray