Multi-Vehicle Crash Involving 3 Cars Leaves Life Threatening Injuries
- Doug Zanes
- March 18, 2019 Car Accidents
In a story reported by KGUN9 in Tucson, an accident which happened on February 2nd on Craycroft Road involved three vehicles shut down the road while emergency crews were on the scene.
The cause of a multi-vehicle crash on Craycroft Road in Tucson that resulted in serious injuries back in February may have been alcohol-related.
Tucson Police Department spokesman, Sgt. Pete Dugan said in a statement that the accident happened at approximately 4:00 p.m. in the northbound lanes of Craycroft Road at Waverly Street when a motorist was traveling southbound lost control of their vehicle and crashed into a northbound vehicle. A third vehicle, which was also traveling northbound, was hit in a chain-reaction crash. The southbound driver, a woman, was taken to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries. Also injured in the crash was the driver of the second vehicle. They were transported to the hospital and treated for minor injuries.
Sgt. Dugan said that an investigation for the crash being caused by possible DUI impairment has been opened. Police are also looking into a possible connection to the driver and a hit and run accident from earlier the same day.
The intersection was closed for a number of hours. No further information has been released regarding the crash.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
07 Jan 2019
29 Oct 2019
Related Blog Posts
30 Mar 2017
15 Jul 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Pedestrian Was Struck And Killed By A Garbage Truck
- A Community Mourns The Loss Of A Police Officer Responding To A Domestic Violence Incident
- Students Hold A House Party Celebrating Graduation Amid The Corvid-19 Pandemic
- Three Children Are In Critical Condition After A Roll Over Crash
- Police Prepare To Implement Stay-At-Home Orders In Arizona