Moped Rider Dies From Injuries, Was Not Wearing Helmet
- Casey Hamm
- December 27, 2019 Motorcycle Accidents
A moped rider has died as a result of injuries he sustained in a crash earlier this month. The Paradise Valley Independent reported on its website that the crash happened in an area north of Fanfol Drive and East Mountain View Road in Paradise Valley.
The Paradise Valley Police Department said in a statement that on Tuesday, December 17th, the man had called his wife to help him tow his moped home after it stopped working. The woman met her husband, and they tied a rope from her car to the moped. During the drive back home, the rope broke, causing the moped to crash. According to eyewitnesses who were interviewed by Paradise Valley Police Officers, the man hit his head during the crash.
Investigators say that the man had not been wearing a helmet at the time of the crash. The 68-year-old was treated at the scene and was then rushed to Scottsdale Osborn Hospital for treatment of head injuries that were considered life-threatening.
Officials say that on the evening of Monday, December 23rd, the man died as the result of injuries he suffered in the crash. Authorities have not yet released his identity. According to the report, details of the accident and man’s death are still examined by the Paradise Valley Police Department’s Criminal Investigations Unit.
Related Blog Posts
15 Sep 2017
19 Feb 2019
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Police Chase The Driver A Stolen Car With A Child Inside. The Driver Is Still At Large.
- A Woman Is Pulled Over Without Overt Reason And Was Assaulted By A Police Officer
- The Hopi Community Mourns The Loss Of A Hoop Dancer
- A Chemical Leak At Amazon Warehouse Sparks A Fire
- Four Τeens Are Involved In Car Crash Into The Fence Of A Home