Man In Critical Condition After Getting Hit By Valley Metro Train
- Doug Zanes
- March 4, 2019 Pedestrian Accidents
For well over a century, trains have been considered one of the most economical, effective and one of the safest forms of transportation available. It’s never a good idea to try and outrun a train because the train is almost guaranteed to win. Whenever a driver, a bicyclist or a pedestrian gets into an accident with a train, such accidents can end with very serious consequences.
According to a report which appeared on the KTAR News website, a man was very seriously injured after he was run over on Wednesday, February 27th by Valley Metro train in Phoenix.
Captain Rob McDade, spokesperson for the Phoenix Fire Department said in a statement that a 40-year-old man had been run over by the light rail train in the area of 19th and Montebello Avenue when he attempted to cross in front of it. The train’s engineer stopped the locomotive as quickly as possible but not before the force of air generated by the train sucked the man into its path.
Emergency crews arrived on the scene and used a configuration of special airbags in order to lift the train off of the man’s body and free him. He suffered from injuries to his torso and was rushed to an area trauma center for treatment. He is currently listed in critical condition.
Related Blog Posts
11 Mar 2015
25 Feb 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Woman Warns The Public About The Danger Of Hot Cars
- Police Discovered Over 120 Pounds Of Drugs During A Traffic Stop
- Officers Suspect That Impairment Was A Factor In A Head-On Collision On Interstate 17
- A Bicyclist Died In A Crash Near An Intersection Off 19th Avenue
- Police Are Searching For The Driver Responsible For The Death Of A Pedestrian