Man In Critical Condition After Getting Hit By Valley Metro Train
- Doug Zanes
- March 4, 2019 Pedestrian Accidents
For well over a century, trains have been considered one of the most economical, effective and one of the safest forms of transportation available. It’s never a good idea to try and outrun a train because the train is almost guaranteed to win. Whenever a driver, a bicyclist or a pedestrian gets into an accident with a train, such accidents can end with very serious consequences.
According to a report which appeared on the KTAR News website, a man was very seriously injured after he was run over on Wednesday, February 27th by Valley Metro train in Phoenix.
Captain Rob McDade, spokesperson for the Phoenix Fire Department said in a statement that a 40-year-old man had been run over by the light rail train in the area of 19th and Montebello Avenue when he attempted to cross in front of it. The train’s engineer stopped the locomotive as quickly as possible but not before the force of air generated by the train sucked the man into its path.
Emergency crews arrived on the scene and used a configuration of special airbags in order to lift the train off of the man’s body and free him. He suffered from injuries to his torso and was rushed to an area trauma center for treatment. He is currently listed in critical condition.
Related Blog Posts
25 Feb 2015
22 Sep 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Police Prepare To Implement Stay-At-Home Orders In Arizona
- A Passenger Suffering From Gunshot Wounds Was Involved In A Rollover Crash
- A Tanker Explodes Off Of Interstate 40, The Fire Lasting Into The Morning Hours
- Details About A Crash That Injured A Motorcyclist And Its Passenger Remain Unclear
- A Good Samaritan Was Injured In A Complex, Multi-Vehicle Accident