Fatal Crash At Bell Road And 26th Street In Phoenix
- Doug Zanes
- December 24, 2019 Car Accidents
A crash near the intersection of Bell Road and 26th Street in Phoenix claimed the life of a woman yesterday afternoon.
AZ Central reported on its website that the fatal crash happened at approximately 3:30 p.m. on Monday, December 23rd. Phoenix police say that a woman between the age of 60 and 65 was driving a Ford Fiesta was making a turn from Bell Road onto 26th Street when a woman in her 20’s driving a black Cadillac struck the Ford Fiesta in a head-on collision.
Phoenix Police Department spokesperson, Sgt. Mercedes Fortune issued a statement shortly after the crash. Fortune told reporters that paramedics transported both women from the scene of the accident to an area hospital for treatment. The older woman died shortly after arrival at the hospital’s trauma center.
The younger woman was reported to have suffered severe injuries. Her current condition is unknown.
So far, authorities have not released the identities of either of the two women involved in the crash pending notification of family members.
Fortune said that police investigators have ruled out impairment by either drugs or alcohol as a factor for the younger woman who was driving the Cadillac. The accident is still currently under investigation, and authorities have not yet determined whether or not the woman who died had been impaired in any way before the crash.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
07 Jan 2019
07 Jan 2019
Related Blog Posts
18 Feb 2015
18 May 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Beloved Member Of The Peoria Police Force Lost His Life In A Car Accident
- A Dangerous Roll Over Crash At An Intersection Leaves One Person Dead
- Two People Die In A Motorcycle Accident On Indian School Road
- Arizona Cardinals Rookie Wide Receiver Crashes Into Lake Erie
- Three GoPlus Strollers Are Being Recalled Due To Space Surrounding The Stroller Tray