Fatal Crash At Bell Road And 26th Street In Phoenix
- Doug Zanes
- December 24, 2019 Car Accidents
A crash near the intersection of Bell Road and 26th Street in Phoenix claimed the life of a woman yesterday afternoon.
AZ Central reported on its website that the fatal crash happened at approximately 3:30 p.m. on Monday, December 23rd. Phoenix police say that a woman between the age of 60 and 65 was driving a Ford Fiesta was making a turn from Bell Road onto 26th Street when a woman in her 20’s driving a black Cadillac struck the Ford Fiesta in a head-on collision.
Phoenix Police Department spokesperson, Sgt. Mercedes Fortune issued a statement shortly after the crash. Fortune told reporters that paramedics transported both women from the scene of the accident to an area hospital for treatment. The older woman died shortly after arrival at the hospital’s trauma center.
The younger woman was reported to have suffered severe injuries. Her current condition is unknown.
So far, authorities have not released the identities of either of the two women involved in the crash pending notification of family members.
Fortune said that police investigators have ruled out impairment by either drugs or alcohol as a factor for the younger woman who was driving the Cadillac. The accident is still currently under investigation, and authorities have not yet determined whether or not the woman who died had been impaired in any way before the crash.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
10 Dec 2019
26 Feb 2019
Related Blog Posts
21 Oct 2015
31 Aug 2018
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Accidents in Phoenix, Arizona Decreased By 75% Since The Onset Of The COVID-19 Pandemic
- A Cardiologist Is Moved To Tears At This Police Officer’s Heart-Warming Gesture
- A Pedestrian Was Struck And Killed By A Garbage Truck
- A Community Mourns The Loss Of A Police Officer Responding To A Domestic Violence Incident
- Students Hold A House Party Celebrating Graduation Amid The Corvid-19 Pandemic