Child, Two Babysitters Struck By Pickup Truck, Child Killed
- Casey Hamm
- October 11, 2019 Pedestrian Accidents
An accident that happened earlier this week has resulted in the tragic death of a six-year-old boy.
Patch.com reports that on Tuesday, October 8th, Rayden Ginsberg, 6, and two adult babysitters who were walking with him were struck by the 23-year-old male driver of a Chevy pickup truck as they were crossing the intersection of 75th Avenue and Thomas Road in Phoenix.
Phoenix Police Sergeant Tommy Thompson stated to reporters on Tuesday that the driver of the pickup had been traveling southbound on 75th Avenue when he entered the Thomas Road intersection. The pickup truck struck Rayden and his babysitters; a 28-year-old woman and a 21-year-old man.
Rayden suffered critical injuries in the accident, as did the man who was with him. The woman sustained serious injuries in the crash. All three of the accident victims were taken to an area hospital for treatment.
Police say that the driver of the pickup truck stayed at the scene of the crash. Investigators have determined that impairment played no role in the accident. However, the accident is still currently under investigation.
Police have not said whether charges have been filed against the driver of the pickup truck.
Friends and relatives of the Ginsberg family have set up a GoFundMe page to help Rayden’s parents with funeral and other related expenses.
Related Blog Posts
11 Mar 2015
25 Feb 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Police Chase The Driver A Stolen Car With A Child Inside. The Driver Is Still At Large.
- A Woman Is Pulled Over Without Overt Reason And Was Assaulted By A Police Officer
- The Hopi Community Mourns The Loss Of A Hoop Dancer
- A Chemical Leak At Amazon Warehouse Sparks A Fire
- Four Τeens Are Involved In Car Crash Into The Fence Of A Home