Chain Reaction Crash Ends In Four Fatalities
- Doug Zanes
- March 5, 2019 Car Accidents
When someone drives recklessly, they are not only risking their lives but the lives of anyone else that they happen to be sharing the road with. This is possibly what caused a chain reaction crash involving six vehicles in December. One of the vehicles involved was a semi-tractor trailer rig. The accident ended in four fatalities and several others being injured.
KTAR News reported that the accident happened on Friday, December 21, 2018, at approximately 12:15 p.m. at the 232-mile marker near Picacho Peak Road.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said in a statement that the accident occurred near Eloy when an eastbound driver crossed the median with his vehicle and struck an SUV head-on. This caused a chain reaction crash which involved an 18-wheeler and three additional vehicles. One of the vehicles involved in the crash was a transport van from the Maricopa Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities report that both westbound and eastbound traffic on Interstate 10 was closed down for a number of hours.
Two deputies with the Maricopa Sheriff’s Office and a prisoner were taken to a hospital in Tucson for treatment. Their injuries were non-life-threatening and they are expected to be ok.
The accident was under investigation at the time of the report. No names or further information has been released regarding the victims in the fatal crash.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
29 Oct 2019
14 Jan 2020
Related Blog Posts
16 Feb 2017
18 Feb 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Cardiologist Is Moved To Tears At This Police Officer’s Heart-Warming Gesture
- A Pedestrian Was Struck And Killed By A Garbage Truck
- A Community Mourns The Loss Of A Police Officer Responding To A Domestic Violence Incident
- Students Hold A House Party Celebrating Graduation Amid The Corvid-19 Pandemic
- Three Children Are In Critical Condition After A Roll Over Crash