Car Crashes Into Home That Ran Daycare, Three Children Injured
- Doug Zanes
- November 20, 2019 Car Accidents
It’s a scenario that is every parent’s worst nightmare. When dropping off your child at daycare to go to work only to get a phone call later that day to inform you that your child was seriously injured.
ABC 15 in Phoenix reports that was what happened on Tuesday for the parents of two toddlers and an infant that had to be airlifted to the hospital after an SUV crashed into the playroom of a licensed in-home daycare in Lakeland, Florida.
Firefighters from the Lakeland Fire Department responded to the crash into a home located in the 1500 block of 7th Street, where an older woman crashed her vehicle into the home’s playroom that was located and where four children were playing at the time.
Two children aged two-years-old were injured along with an 8-month-old infant and were flown to a medical center in Tampa, Florida.
The driver of the SUV was also severely shaken by the incident and was taken to an area hospital for treatment. No word has been released on her current condition.
A spokesperson for the Lakeland Police Department said they are uncertain what caused the accident, but are fairly certain that the crash was an accident.
Police have not yet released the identity of the driver and have given no other information about the current condition of the children that were injured in the crash.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
29 Oct 2019
30 Sep 2019
Related Blog Posts
21 Oct 2015
03 Mar 2016
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Cardiologist Is Moved To Tears At This Police Officer’s Heart-Warming Gesture
- A Pedestrian Was Struck And Killed By A Garbage Truck
- A Community Mourns The Loss Of A Police Officer Responding To A Domestic Violence Incident
- Students Hold A House Party Celebrating Graduation Amid The Corvid-19 Pandemic
- Three Children Are In Critical Condition After A Roll Over Crash