Alleged DUI Crash Outside Mesa Leads To Murder Charges
- Doug Zanes
- December 3, 2019 Car Accidents
A suspected DUI driver has been arrested on the charge of second-degree murder after her vehicle collided with another on Sunday, November 22nd.
According to the report filed by Ayano Nagaishi, which appeared on the AZ Central website, 24-year-old Deanndra Oymay Woo of Mesa, Arizona, was arrested on the charges of DUI and second-degree murder.
According to court documents, at approximately 2:00 a.m. DPS received a report of a two-vehicle collision on the eastbound 60 near the 180 milepost just outside of Mesa.
The crash involved a Hyundai Tucson and a Hyundai Sonata. An Arizona Department of Public Safety trooper responding to the crash arrived at the accident site and declared the driver of the Sonata dead at the scene.
The identity of the other driver was not immediately released pending notification of family members.
The DPS trooper noted that Woo displayed several indicators of alcohol intoxication such as red eyes, unsteady gait and a strong scent of alcohol.
According to the arrest report, Woo admitted to the DPS trooper that she had a beer and a cocktail before the fatal crash. Several field sobriety tests were conducted on Woo. A Breathalyzer test was administered indicating a blood alcohol level of 0.115% – which is higher than the legal limit of 0.08%.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
26 Jul 2019
07 Jan 2019
Related Blog Posts
02 May 2016
31 Aug 2018
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Three Children Are In Critical Condition After A Roll Over Crash
- Police Prepare To Implement Stay-At-Home Orders In Arizona
- A Passenger Suffering From Gunshot Wounds Was Involved In A Rollover Crash
- A Tanker Explodes Off Of Interstate 40, The Fire Lasting Into The Morning Hours
- Details About A Crash That Injured A Motorcyclist And Its Passenger Remain Unclear