Alleged DUI Crash Outside Mesa Leads To Murder Charges
- Doug Zanes
- December 3, 2019 Car Accidents
A suspected DUI driver has been arrested on the charge of second-degree murder after her vehicle collided with another on Sunday, November 22nd.
According to the report filed by Ayano Nagaishi, which appeared on the AZ Central website, 24-year-old Deanndra Oymay Woo of Mesa, Arizona, was arrested on the charges of DUI and second-degree murder.
According to court documents, at approximately 2:00 a.m. DPS received a report of a two-vehicle collision on the eastbound 60 near the 180 milepost just outside of Mesa.
The crash involved a Hyundai Tucson and a Hyundai Sonata. An Arizona Department of Public Safety trooper responding to the crash arrived at the accident site and declared the driver of the Sonata dead at the scene.
The identity of the other driver was not immediately released pending notification of family members.
The DPS trooper noted that Woo displayed several indicators of alcohol intoxication such as red eyes, unsteady gait and a strong scent of alcohol.
According to the arrest report, Woo admitted to the DPS trooper that she had a beer and a cocktail before the fatal crash. Several field sobriety tests were conducted on Woo. A Breathalyzer test was administered indicating a blood alcohol level of 0.115% – which is higher than the legal limit of 0.08%.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
07 Jan 2019
07 Jan 2019
Related Blog Posts
18 Feb 2015
18 May 2015
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- A Beloved Member Of The Peoria Police Force Lost His Life In A Car Accident
- A Dangerous Roll Over Crash At An Intersection Leaves One Person Dead
- Two People Die In A Motorcycle Accident On Indian School Road
- Arizona Cardinals Rookie Wide Receiver Crashes Into Lake Erie
- Three GoPlus Strollers Are Being Recalled Due To Space Surrounding The Stroller Tray