A Bicyclist Was Killed In A Fatal Crash With A Toyota Corolla
- Doug Zanes
- May 8, 2020 Bicycle Accidents
More people today have realized that it’s essential to stay as physically fit as possible. One of the most popular ways people are doing this is by riding to their destinations by bicycle rather than by car. Not only is it a healthy habit, but many have found that the change in transportation saves them money, too. The downside to riding a bicycle, however, is that even when taking every safety precaution, bicyclists are at a much higher risk for serious injury or worse if they get into an accident.
According to a recent story appearing on the website of ABC 13 in Phoenix, a bicyclist was killed in a crash on the night of Wednesday, May 6th.
A spokesperson for the Phoenix Police Department said in a statement that the fatal crash happened near the intersection of Thatcher Road and 7th Street at approximately 11:00 p.m. when the bicyclist was traveling westbound on Carol Avenue. The bicyclist failed to yield to traffic that was traveling northbound and was struck by a driver in a Toyota Corolla.
The victim has been identified as 61-year-old Michael Anthony Groth of Phoenix.
Paramedics rushed Groth from the scene of the crash to an area hospital for treatment. Groth was pronounced dead shortly after his arrival.
Authorities say that the 26-year-old female driver of the Toyota remained at the scene of the fatal crash. Officers checked her for any signs of possible impairment. Phoenix Police Department investigators say that charges are pending against the driver.
Her identity had not yet been released by the time of the report.
Get Your Free Case Evaluation
- Investigators Believe Impairment Was Involved In A Crash That Killed Two People
- A Pedestrian Died In A Hit-And-Run Crash Near Indian School Road
- Persecution Involving A Head-On, Rear End Collision Is Halted Due To Insufficient Evidence
- Prosecution Of A Driver Involved In A Head-On, Rear-End Accident That Caused The Death Of Two Will Not Move Forward
- A Woman Warns The Public About The Danger Of Hot Cars