There is much more to what a car accident lawyer can do to help you overcome the losses you have experienced as the result of your accident.
For many people, the lawyer’s role begins and ends with knowing and following courtroom procedure when litigating your car accident case.
At Zanes Law, our legal team does everything from A to Z to build your case, negotiate a settlement, and fight for you in court.
5 Things a Car Accident Lawyer Does to Build Your Case
A strong case is built on a sturdy foundation, layered with meaningful research, detailed documentation, and compelling witnesses. This is where we start:
- We gather evidence. With a trip to the actual location of the accident, we survey the scene and collect any evidence we can find, documenting that evidence, taking pictures, etc. We track down witnesses before they lose interest in helping—or lose their ability to remember the specifics. We also study the damages to your car and that of the opposition. Every detail of the accident’s cause is revealed in this step. Note: If you say the wrong thing to the wrong person, these words can wind up helping the opposition in your case. Refrain from discussing your case with anyone until you have talked to an attorney. Your lawyer will guide you in the matter, so your words do not come back to haunt you.
- We get copies of the police report and your medical records, along with documentation of the medical expenses you have paid thus far.
- We collaborate with medical experts to prove your injuries and illustrate the amount of medical assistance you will need down the road, plus the expenses of that care. We determine whether your injuries will diminish your future earnings potential and we document that, too.
- We bring in someone from our network of accident reconstruction specialists who will look at all the details we have gathered and devise an authoritative analysis of how the opposition’s negligence resulted in the car accident—and your injuries.
- We even unburden you from making those uncomfortable calls to the insurance company. We follow up our call with a letter to the insurer of the car involved in your accident. If the insurer refuses to agree to a fair settlement, we will file a personal injury lawsuit against the motor vehicle driver and take him or her to court.
For a free legal consultation, call 866-499-8989
You Have Limited Time to File Your Claim, So the Time to Start is Now
Most states enforce a statute of limitations on the amount of time you have to file your personal injury claim following a car accident. Arizona gives you just two years after the date of your accident to file your claims.
It is always best to speak with a legal team as soon as possible while you have all the details of the accident fresh in your mind. Starting early also means you will have greater access to witnesses and their testimonies who can add further credibility to your version of events.
Recoverable Damages From a Car Accident
For the most part, car accidents happen outside of our control—they certainly are not planned. You cannot change the fact that your accident happened. That moment lies in the past.
You can, however, look to the future and make a plan to be compensated for the expenses you have paid, the wages you have lost, and even the pain and suffering you have experienced as a result of your car accident.
The legal team at Zanes Law will explain which of the following recoverable damages might pertain to your car accident case:
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Prescription medication and pain management
- Ongoing care costs
- Ambulance transportation
- Repair or replacement of your car and any personal property damaged in the accident
- Physical pain damages
- Medical expenses, including hospitalization and treatment
- Emotional suffering
- Mental anguish
- Other emotional damages
Note that when a car accident results in the death of a family member, you are eligible to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent motor vehicle driver.
Hiring an attorney to build, negotiate, and litigate and help you overcome your losses is a sensible thing to do. You can lie back and concentrate on your physical recovery, while the legal team at Zanes Law takes the wheel to win your recoverable damages.
Let a lawyer champion your cause.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Contact Zanes Law Today for a Free Consultation
Call Zanes Law today for a free consultation so we can help you overcome your losses. We can come to you, whether at your home or your hospital room. Sign-up happens in a single call to 866-499-8989.
Call or text 866-499-8989 or complete a
Free Case Evaluation form